Cabooshy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codecameron.dev
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've Recently got the P20 Pro, great phone, great camera system, EMUI is okay, EMUI's App management is a dumpster fire, has some Custom Roms, dont bother with it now though, Huawei took down the bootloader unlock service they had and the only option is FunkyHuawei which is like £60 or something fucking stupid to get the bootloader codes for the newer devices (P20 on basically), and they dont even offer it anymore

Last edited by Cabooshy,
Reactions: smileyhead

Brayton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a bare bones Moto G from textnow.com I got for free, I put CFW on it, and holding the power button turns on the flashlight if the screen is off (the cause of most of my pain), it's extremely slow, and it only has 2.4G. Did I mention there is no SIM card slot or Micro SD slot? The battery is unremovable. I wanted an iPhone, so my dad gave me an extremely locked down iPhone 5S for Christmas, so I still use the crap phone. It also gets really hot really fast! I have a LOT more complaints. :angry:
EDIT: IT EVEN HAS TROUBLE PLAYING TETRIS, ON HIGH PERFORMANCE MODE!

Last edited by Brayton,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I've Recently got the P20 Pro, great phone, great camera system, EMUI is okay, EMUI's App management is a dumpster fire, has some Custom Roms, dont bother with it now though, Huawei took down the bootloader unlock service they had and the only option is FunkyHuawei which is like £60 or something fucking stupid to get the bootloader codes for the newer devices (P20 on basically), and they dont even offer it anymore
My first experience with Huawei was the P9. When they stopped offering bootloader unlock codes, I've decided to never buy a Huawei phone again, nor recommend them to anybody.
Really nice first impression. /s

Reactions: Cabooshy

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My first experience with Huawei was the P9. When they stopped offering bootloader unlock codes, I've decided to never buy a Huawei phone again, nor recommend them to anybody.
That situation sucked so much for those who care about such things honestly. I heavily dislike EMUI in all forms (Though the newer ones are a tad better than the old trash..) but I loved Huawei because of their open unlocking policy which always guaranteed some degree of custom rom on their devices.
But now sadly they made this decision and I've had to move on. What's interesting is that I ended up moving on to Nokia of all brands, who also doesn't offer bootloader unlocks; though there are signs they're trying and I think their unlock app works on one of the phones (I forget which). However their stock rom on my Nokia 5 was close enough to aosp that I didn't feel the need for a custom rom and bootloader unlock (Allowing root through Magisk!) was obtained through unofficial means. So until this phone dies on me, I'm happy.

Friendship ended with Huawei, now Nokia is my best friend

Cabooshy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
codecameron.dev
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HAHAHA Yeah i know right? i plan on going elsewhere once i can upgrade in August (Perks of having Annual Upgrade on the contract) all i need to do is lock the bootloader and hand it back pretty much. looking forward to it actually.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
That situation sucked so much for those who care about such things honestly. I heavily dislike EMUI in all forms (Though the newer ones are a tad better than the old trash..) but I loved Huawei because of their open unlocking policy which always guaranteed some degree of custom rom on their devices.
Same. I can't stand OEM ROMs and always switch to an close-to-AOSP custom ROM.
What's interesting is that I ended up moving on to Nokia of all brands [...]

Friendship ended with Huawei, now Nokia is my best friend
Likewise; I'm happy with my Nokia and Android One. It's nice to finally be able to run a ROM like this with official support.
HAHAHA Yeah i know right? i plan on going elsewhere once i can upgrade in August (Perks of having Annual Upgrade on the contract) all i need to do is lock the bootloader and hand it back pretty much. looking forward to it actually.
Switch to Nokia. ;)

Reactions: Seriel

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
actually I am using an xperia mini pro (sk17a)... that launched in 2011... but really... I miss the time when phones were small enough to fit them in the pocket... and also miss the qwerty keyboard... my phone is not powerful enough for most apps... but with some tweaks I made... now it works really well... and love playing retro games with the keyboard

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kyocera Duraforce Pro, a waterproof toughphone.
kyocera-duraforce-pro.jpg

Reactions: Deleted User

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
actually I am using an xperia mini pro (sk17a)... that launched in 2011... but really... I miss the time when phones were small enough to fit them in the pocket... and also miss the qwerty keyboard... my phone is not powerful enough for most apps... but with some tweaks I made... now it works really well... and love playing retro games with the keyboard
Most phones nowadays still fit well into your pocket, but there are smaller models too, if you'd prefer them.
If you want a physical keyboard on your phone, BlackBerry has a bunch of newer Android phones that have them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    Who to the who to the wut? And supports a Fort Worth 18yo?
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Who to the who to the wut? And supports a Fort Worth 18yo?