What phone do you own?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Attila13, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Blue_Mew

Blue_Mew GBAtemp Addict

Oct 2, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I don't remember the exact order at all, and could also be missing one or two

1. Samsung Galaxy S5
    2. LG (don't remember model)
    3. Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini
    4. Nokia (don't remember model)
    5. Alba 5
    6. Huawei (don't remember model)
    6. Sony Xperia XA1
    7. Samsung Galaxy S8 (got it today :D)

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I guess the first phone I got was one of those old greenish nokia prepaid phones.
    burnt through the money cause is didn't know what info messages were or how expensive they were either and then i didn't really go for phones for a good decade or so.

next phone was a nokia 5230 https://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5230-2909.php
    Used it throughout my time at university, a good 5 years. to be honest, i sometimes miss its capacitive touchscreen for typing. thumbs are so inaccurate, but fingernails, now those never missed a letter.
    then came the smartphones and i got a doogee dg310 https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/26ef2e0c
    used that for about 3 or 4 years. we got one for me an each of my siblings. at about 120 bucks, it was a pretty great phone, despite the flaws like the useless camera and it sometimes being unresponsive near the screens edges.
    then i got a zte blade v7 lite https://www.gsmarena.com/zte_blade_v7_lite-7944.php
    used it for about 11 months, but it had issues from the start. a little shaky when watching movies of too high a quality, bluetooth slightly shaky for headphones, the android buttons would sometimes malfunction. also, again, the camera wasnt very good. but it did its job well enough at the time.
    now i bought a moto g6 plus https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6_plus-9001.php 2 days ago and so far, I'm pretty happy with it. should hold me over a few years, if it doesn't break accidentally. its obviously the best phone i had so far and i wish i had that camera years ago. my old phones would never make clear pictures of text and notes like this one does. would've saved me weeks of retyping my handwritten stuff

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Jul 13, 2018
    Xabring likes this.
  3. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    I see you're a man with a fine taste on gadgetry.

I got myself a moto X4 (https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x4-8634.php) which is by all intents and purpose the same thing (except slighty worse camera, but I am not a cam fan).

Nothing beats for me, the chop chop feature to light the way! Xiaomi might have a good contender and Nokia has (finally) risen from the ashes, but Motorola was smart to add those gesture features! and what little software added to the vanilla android experience?! pure bliss, unlike many other companies that put bloatware on theirs! I wish more companies added something similar to the chop chop feature or the twist gesture to run the camera! even a photo dedicated button. But I guess the gestures solves the problem of accidentally put on the camera.

4. mgrev

mgrev Music Addict, Video Game Fanatic

GBAtemp Patron
    mgrev is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Under Tomato Hentai's stairs
    [​IMG]
    Upgraded to this Nokia 7 Plus after several issues with my 6p

matpower, Gon Freecss and Xabring like this.
  5. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    i like the guestures too, but unfortunately, they don't work when the proximity sensor is active (like in a flip case)

Xabring likes this.
  6. smileyhead

smileyhead This is definitely not a robotic component!

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    Are you running the P beta?

7. mgrev

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    Nope. I'm just running the latest O release. Figured i'd just settle down with one thing with this phone. I had too much data loss with my 6p cause i was always fiddling around. Pure android is pretty good already after all

8. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    Would love to buy a Nokia, but I want unlockable bootloaders :(

9. mgrev

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Apr 13, 2015
    Norway
    They will be rolling out bootloader unlocks eventually. Slowly, once device at a time, but it's going to happen

10. matpower

matpower A Hero of Justice

May 5, 2012
    Brazil
    Kazamatsuri
    If they can keep up with that promise, I am good, although waiting 2/3 years for a bootloader unlock sucks.

11. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Nokia 7 :)

12. keyzhunter

keyzhunter Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2018
    Malaysia
    Samsung Galaxy A7

13. grey72

grey72 #72

Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    Started with the OG Moto g, great phone for the time but it hasnth aged too well, really slow now

Got a Moto x 2014 next, AMAZING phone with terrible battery life, but otherwise absolutely amazing. It got water damaged during last year's flooding, and it doesn't work right anymore.

Currently on a Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus, with custom firmware. The specifications are GREAT for 150$ and it's got a pretty great ROM scene. It's a glass back and rather poorly made though, especially noticable after using moto x for 2 ywars but it's VERY snappy and had good battery life, so I think I'll live with it for another year at leas

14. micjustin33

micjustin33 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Have been using Samsung Galay Avant from 2 years now looking for change. suggest some good phone

15. beikenson

beikenson Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2018
    United States
    LG G 6

16. timtimFR

timtimFR Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    Canada
    Huaweï Honor 8

17. pamasper

pamasper Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2018
    Indonesia
    S 9 and iPhone 6s .

18. rustinrj

rustinrj Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2018
    United States
    I'm very much happy with the performance and battery life of my S8.

19. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I'm currently using a LG Stylo 3 Plus.
    Works well enough for what i do.

I could have gotten better, but since it was free, I'm not going to complain.

20. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    I've never bought a Smartphone yet.
    All Smartphones I got were presents from my big brother.
    Currently I have the Sony Xperia Z3 with Android 6.0.1

[​IMG]

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted