What Party do you support in USA?

Discussion in 'World News, Current Events & Politics' started by TerribleTy27, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Memoir

Memoir FTS I'm Out

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Go Fuck Yourself
    I think of Fallout when I read this.. and we all know how well that worked. .-.

2. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Was there ever any proof of that? I never really followed the whole story, because, well, I don't live in Alabama, and don't care about their senator. Didn't he take a lie detector test, and pass it? I think a lot of the "metoo" stuff is bs, and just people trying to take down people with power that they dislike.

3. MaverickWellington

MaverickWellington *BRAAAPPPPT*

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    [​IMG]

Run that by me one more time. You what now?

4. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Just looking at my patterns, I think I tend to lean a little to the left overall, but I don't consider myself beholden to either party. I don't strictly consider myself a "middle-laner" either; I evaluate issues freshly on a per-case basis and come to whatever conclusion makes the most sense to me. It doesn't matter if an idea comes from the most radical of left or right, if I find the logic holds water, then that's what I'd support. I can't remember any time at all when I've actually supported a radical stance, mind you, but I just mean to say that it's not something I consider impossible on principle.

Though to be frank, I don't ever really see any candidates who I think are at all competent enough to be making intelligent decisions, so I guess I don't support either party. :\

DarthDub likes this.
  5. Viri

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    This is why George Washington warned us about political parties.

TerribleTy27 likes this.
  6. MaverickWellington

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    Give us back ol' woodmouth
    i miss him already

TerribleTy27 likes this.
  7. Viri

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I don't think he'd be very "Presidential". I find it funny when the media freaks out about Trump not being "Presidential". The founding fathers would make Trump look tame in comparison. I bet George Washington would have cursed a few members of congress out, and challenged them to a duel. The founding fathers fucking hated each other, called each other all kinds of vile shit, but they were willing to work together to get shit done. I kinda wish our congress was the same way...

8. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Moore_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Just the testimony of the 8 women, and the fact that he said he knew some of them but then claimed he didn't a few days later (which means he's lying, he said two completely opposite things). Every prominent politician said he seemed guilty except for Trump.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  9. MaverickWellington

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    Dude remember when someone tried to assassinate Andrew Jackson and he beat them so fucking hard with his cane that Jackson's aides literally had to pull the president off of his assassin? That shit would never fly today.

Remember when (unconfirmed but given how people were back then I'd believe it) they had to remove Jackson's parrot from his funeral because it swore CONSTANTLY?

Founding fathers were cool as shit.

10. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    I love the story of the swearing parrot. Andrew Jackson isn't my cup of tea after kicking all the Indians out of their homes, but I would love to have heard his swearing parrot.

Memoir and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  11. MaverickWellington

Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    Yeah his racist shit is detestable but hot damn that assassin and the parrot story are amazing. We need another president like that. Just, y'know. Not racist.

12. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'm a registered Democrat, but I'll vote whoever supports my ideologies

That tends to be the Democrats, tho

13. 330

330 Banned

Banned
    Nov 20, 2017
    Nauru
    Comfy nest
    To me, both of the main parties are shameful. They both reflect half of what I want but there is no "center" party. Everyone wants to run their own stuff.

14. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Honestly the Left of today is basically center for the rest of the world/the US pre-Reagan

15. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I'd go far to say the Democrats are akin to the centre right in the rest of the world. The American political system doesn't have a mainstream 'left wing' party. To compare the Democrats to the Labour party would highlight the massive differences from what Americans regard as left and to actual leftism.

If I were American I would vote Democrat. I'm a brown guy with a Muslim background. What on earth would posses me to vote for a party who absolutely loathe me based on my demographics?

16. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    I want to say moderate, but I lean towards conservatism.

17. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Bernie was honestly the first ACTUAL left wing candidate in a while, but America has become so jaded that basically anything left of center is "communism"

ComeTurismO likes this.
  18. ComeTurismO

ComeTurismO CTO

Sep 18, 2011
    Canada
    4:54 PM
    From a Canadian perspective - I think both parties needs to have like 95% of their members removed by any means in the US.

19. GhostLatte

GhostLatte The Hypebeast Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    I consider myself to be an independent moderate. I do not associate myself with any political party. I am not left nor right as I am in the middle of the political spectrum. I go sway from side to side depending on the issue at hand.

B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N likes this.
  20. Alex4U

Alex4U not a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon addict

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (offset 0x0FFFF)
    Mario Party

Last edited by Alex4U, Jan 14, 2018