Hardware What part needs to be fixed on my 3ds?? Plz Help

Mint Pepper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I opened up my 3ds XL with the plan to fix the d-pad, It all went well until I assembled everything back and found out it wouldn't turn on. The blue led lights up and the screens turn on, but only maintain a static black screen. I then opened it up again to reassure everything was plugged in correctly and, unfortunately, it was.

I'm assuming I damaged a part during this, but I want to know what exactly. I'm thinking it might be the top screen because of a difficulty I had connecting the ribbon cable. Does anyone know that if the ribbon cable is damaged, will both the top screen and the lower touchscreen show a static black screen? Of course I don't know if it's that screen at all, but I'm hoping something can be figured out with it showing these symptoms. I'm really trying to figure this out as I've put quite some money in it and I know Nintendo can't repair something that's my own fault. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

perrochiba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try entering recovery mode, turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). You will notice if it is a screen problem. The 3ds does not boot if something isn´t connected properly. Try revising all the connections

Last edited by perrochiba,

Potato hoarder

Hoarder of Potatoes
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try entering recovery mode, turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). You will notice if it is a screen problem. The 3ds does not boot if something isn´t connected properly. Try revising all the connections
Recovery mode only works for corrupted firm, not a hardware fault. If he didn't mess with the firmware, recovery mode would have nothing to fix. I agree though. You probably didn't connect something correctly.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
normally if its damage to the top LCD ribbon it will either
A) not turn on at all i.e turn on or like 1 second then shut down with an audible pop noise (same effect as if you leave the top screen ribbon cable loose)
B) boot up and work fine except for the top screen staying black or being messed up.

any sort of staying on a black screen and not cutting out sounds like some sort of motherboard damage to me (or a bricked nand, but i assume you wasn't messing with the nand on this occasion)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end