Hacking What options do we have on 11 FW W/O hardmod?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways, I've already tested this out, it does work. It's just sort of inconvenient. That's probably why it may have been kept secret, I knew about it from all the dropped hints @zoogie dropped in some of his previous posts. And actually thanked him in PM for the hints. :P

1. You have to do a System Transfer from an exploited console to the 11.0 one.
2. You must own Fieldrunners and have it transfer over it correctly.
3. Both systems go on a 7-day CD once the transfer is complete. i.e, don't go thinking "OMG I AM ABOUT TO EXPLOIT 2 MORE SYSTEMS ONCE I AM DONE." - You can, after the 7-day cd on System Transfer is done.
4. Now that it's more publicly known, say goodbye to it on the eshop.

Edit: Don't PM asking me for help. I won't offer any, too busy to help with this.

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Do the funds also transfer if you don't have a NNID?

Not only do they transfer, they get merged in with the existing funds on the system transferred to.

3. Both systems go on a 7-day CD once the transfer is complete. i.e, don't go thinking "OMG I AM ABOUT TO EXPLOIT 2 MORE SYSTEMS ONCE I AM DONE." - You can, after the 7-day cd on System Transfer is done.

The 7 day cool down, applies to BOTH sending and receiving the transfer on the same system. I honestly wished the cooldown only applied to the action that was just done on the given system.

Also worth noting, is if the system transferred from is old3DS, and system transferred to is new3DS, the transfer is NOT reversible, as you can't transfer from new3DS to old3DS. This means you can't buy field runners on hacked new3DS, hack it, then transfer it to an 11.0 old3DS to hack it.

4. Now that it's more publicly known, say goodbye to it on the eshop.

Or nintendo could push out 11.1 with a minimum FIRM enforcement in errdisp/home menu, in other words, attempt the FIRM downgrade hack, and you will SOFT BRICK, and likewise, update FIRM to prevent these apps from being downgraded to ones that will allow FIRM to be downgraded by direct raw nand writing.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
dsiware have full acess to the nand

Hum look like Gateway are not the only one who find this.
This has literally been documented for months, possibly years. Gateway has 0 claim to this method, even if you want to assign it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like rename it to example: a_GodMode9.bin?
Yes

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This has literally been documented for months, possibly years. Gateway has 0 claim to this method, even if you want to assign it.

Yes
hm.. nothing happend when i power on with pushing "a" button just the system booted, the others works.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you add the game to your wish list you can still access it after its been removed from the eShop.
I'll get back to you on if that's true or not.

Like rename it to example: a_GodMode9.bin?

hm.. nothing happend when i power on with pushing "a" button just the system booted, the others works.

Some buttons (like A) are used by Luma, and you'll have to hold L as well to get those payloads to run. Don't forget your aeskeydb.bin!

Also worth noting, is if the system transferred from is old3DS, and system transferred to is new3DS, the transfer is NOT reversible, as you can't transfer from new3DS to old3DS. This means you can't buy field runners on hacked new3DS, hack it, then transfer it to an 11.0 old3DS to hack it.

Or nintendo could push out 11.1 with a minimum FIRM enforcement in errdisp/home menu, in other words, attempt the FIRM downgrade hack, and you will SOFT BRICK, and likewise, update FIRM to prevent these apps from being downgraded to ones that will allow FIRM to be downgraded by direct raw nand writing.
  1. Unless you run a patched O3DS firmware pack on RedNAND to do it. Assuming that can even work.
  2. So, don't try it if a patch gets pushed until people with recovery methods can confirm it still works fine.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just want it to test on my A9LH first. So i injected the correct sav now i need to start the fieldrunners and then? i have a fwtool.nds file

Last edited by Cava,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i'm almost there, i'll help test this out too. I will have an o3ds xl with a9lh and will be using to downgrade a small o3ds on 11.0 firmware

ok, arm9lh and lumas cfw on my o3ds xl done. I also bought the fieldrunners game just in case nintendo pulls it off eshop later on. Anyway, gonna go to sleep, let me know if i need anything else from the eshop.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol