What Now?

RaNcIdLeEk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hit a gold mine! I work at the technology center at which the Switch preview tour was held. My boss had a technician unlock the Switch display case to correct hardware issues. Afterwards, the keys were returned to my boss. With a watchful eye and a bit of snooping around, I finally obtained the keys! I was able to convince my boss to let me 'work late,' and unlocked the display case. I hastily unplugged the peripherals, but no damage was done. I can't believe how easy it was to take, but I'm attempting to avoid legal trouble. I've now reconnected the proper peripherals and currently the console's display and cpu is functioning properly. However, I can only play certain games for set intervals. How can I modify the console to function normally (e.g. a normal Switch)? If anyone could help, I'd be grateful, as a physical copy of the demo was written to a dummy disk which doesn't work when inserted into the Switch's optical drive. I am confident it would work if I was able to convert this to a normal Switch. Thanks for the support!
Note: There's no legal precedent, as it was broken, but my boss told me to ask him before doing this stuff. He doesn't know that it's functioning properly, fortunately.

RaNcIdLeEk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My boss is perfectly fine with this. He said he 'knew it wouldn't work' and wished 'I would stop trying, it was a futile effort.'
Also: the external odd does not work, but I knew it was a long shot.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
pics or GTFO because your 100% bullshit! no boss on earth would let anyone do this . LOL cmon guys this fool is a troll 1st he says he steals the keys, than he says he doesn't want to get caught (well you will be now nintendo are IN THESE FORUMS moron) and throw it out my ass it would have to be returned to nintendo whether it works or not! than he says his boss is suddenly ok with it?! :rofl2:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: Zense

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. Did you take the display unit, or somehow make a copy of the software it was running? Your post is one big run on sentence and it's hard to follow.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also call troll, but in case this is a serious thread.

Burn it. Burn any cameras that saw you take it. Copy the keys and melt the originals.
And break a few doors or windows.
And you'll probably still go to prison.

Reactions: Imacaredformy2ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended