What movies/TV series/anime would I like?

jelbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

At times when I seek some amusement on my telly I can't find anything decent. Besides that I'm not the kind of person that enjoys the everyday mainstream movie/tv series/anime, but I certainly do like some. Based on what I like, what can you suggest me to watch? Generally I like:

-no cliché's
-great/intriguing/mysterious story
-drama
-no/little romantic stuff
-attention to detail
-great acting
-unexpecting, alternative, not mainstream

Here are some:

TV series:

Taken (sci-fi): awesome story, thrilling, well performed.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (comedy): great alternative humor, spontaneous, just different as in standing out from the rest somehow.

Movies:

The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Stand By Me: great drama, great story, not many cliché's, great acting.
About Schmidt, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, As Good as It Gets: Jack Nicholson
tongue.gif

Arlington Road: Great story, intriguing, thrilling.

Anime:

Samurai Champloo: full of surprises
Mushishi: attention to detail, great stories, mysterious , relaxing
Death Note: attention to detail, great story
BECK: great drama, relaxing

I hope it's not too broad in a way that you can recommend me anything but whether I like it or not really just depends on undefined things
tongue.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
cowboy bebop
its by the same people who did samurai champloo but uses jazz rather than hiphop
really fitting though, even in highspeed airplane dogbattles

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Movies: Irreversible (french), Tell No One (french)... just 2 I watched recently and really liked

TV: Arrested Development, Extras, The IT Crowd (all of these are a little bit off-centre as far as comedies go, kinda like CYE)

Anime: Kemonozume, Ghost in the Shell (movies and Stand-Alone Complex series), Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy

jelbo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate it. And yeah, some 'requirements' are a bit too explicit and will rule out the majority. I can have cliché's, but not one cliché after the other. You know as in RPG's: You're the chosen hero the prophecies foretold, blabla. I can have that only just, but when it keeps getting referred to I lose interest.

Animes as Mushishi, BECK and Death Note don't have that many cliché's imo, they're really unique and surprising
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...