Gaming What more do you want?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
So in their newest update, Microsoft added Facebook connectivity, Twitter, Last FM, Zune HD videos and other stuff.
Their console is already solid, there's a great deal of features: game downloads, storing games on HDD, demos, homebrew, trailers, game extensions, video and voice chat, windows live messenger, etc.

What would you like to see in future update?
What do you hope MS will come up with ?
Examples: a full fledged web browser, RSS feed support (if it doesnt do that already), ...

Let me know what you think
smile.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Music Store for music game DLC which allows previews for each songs. Also, it's from the dashboard!!! - that is coming on the 17th
smile.gif

Browser - I sense IE for 360
Allow voice and video chat for Live Messenger
Allow Last.fm to play music in the background - that will definitely be full of win!
Allow USB keyboards
Some shortcuts i.e. hold LT then press the Guide button to easily go to "Write New Message" or something like that - you get the picture...

All those 6 granted and the 360 will be perfect for me
happy.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Maz7006 said:
Web Browser, and less adverts on the damn dashboard.
adverts on the dashboard?
wacko.gif
I dont see them... what kind of adverts are you talking about?

R2DJ: well USB keyboards are already supported, I've used mine for years
smile.gif

My wishlist:
- NTFS support for storage devices.
- MKV support for movies
- maybe reduced noise for newer models (like, really reduced)

gilaben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
Maz7006 said:
Web Browser, and less adverts on the damn dashboard.
adverts on the dashboard?
wacko.gif
I dont see them... what kind of adverts are you talking about?

Well right now I see adverts for 'Drag me to Hell', a 'Genesis Coupe', 'V', 'McDonald's Coffe', and 'Omaha Steaks'.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Costello said:
- MKV support for movies
Yesplz. I've always wanted this.

Oh and I don't know... maybe a fucking option to promote a child's account if the parent agrees with it if the child is under 18? My marketplace and dashboard are handicapped because I was stupid and put my real birth date.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I want Microsoft to open up live and get dedicated server files released for the online games, so people can host their own servers or rent them from server providers like you can with pc games. I also want to be able to see ping in a number, rather than a vague coloured dot or group of bars. Also want a proper browser for games, with a list of games going on, player count, ping etc, rather than crappy matchmaking.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Letting people save games on usb drives would be a lot more useful than any of this twitfacefm crap. Of course it wouldn't make MS any money, and would keep people from buying their highly overpriced storage devices, so there's a snowball's chance in hell.

dartdude6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want Microsoft to make a console that doesn't give me RRoD 3 times. It's the only thing better about PS3. I would also like Hulu support and a Web Browser. 360 FTW.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Support for mouse and keyboard on all their first person shooter games. And with an update or something enable the choice of controller only gameplay and mouse/keyboard gameplay. Oh and ofcourse free live...greedy microsoft...

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly, I don't care about any of the new features.

I would like to see NTFS support and support for more formats.

And also (which will never happen) games from HDD without having the disc in. Games from HDD are pointless if I still need to have the disc in, I want to switch games without getting up, taking out the old game and inserting the new one.
frown.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
thats all pretty good suggestions here!
let me comment on some:

- about the ads: ah well I have a gold account so maybe i dont see them.. also i'm in china
- hulu support would be a nice feature yeah
- RROD free consoles well newer models have that isnt that right?
- no free for Xbox live gold... that will never happen
tongue.gif
people pay the fee atm so microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot. I can only see that happening if the 360 marketshare dropped suddenly, MS would then need a boost.. meh even then!
- mouse support for games that would be awesome, but unfair to many players using the joystick. but i guess thats not microsoft's problem, its a problem for developers to make it fair for joystick users.
- games from HDD without having the disc in: well you can buy games from the marketplace, that way you dont need the disc. But I dont think that will happen for disc games though: it would be too easy to just borrow your friend's game, install it on the console and so on... no need to ever pay for a game (except the original buyer: your friend
tongue.gif
)

keep the suggestions coming, hehe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.