What modern console do you think will be hacked first?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I realise perfectly the actual scene gives basically nothing to the end-consumer to consider at this point in time, and that we have probably years in front of us before anything meaningful materialises. But what are your opinions on the matter?

NAND0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems the Wii U will be first. I've read that the Xbox One game discs don't actually contain game data, that data is downloaded from their servers. If that's true, then there will be no piracy hacks on XB1.

The vita probably won't get hacked for a while if ever. There's not much interest in it. And the ps4 I would guess the same. More interest in it than Vita but I would imagine the security is top notch. Plus it's a little early for the ps4 anyways.
I mean look at the ps3. 3.55 is still the latest hacked firmware.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is slowly dying on consoles.
360 banned your consoles, Ps3 went full rage mode after 3.55 and this gen hasn't even been touched yet. Only the 3ds, but it's very limited (only firmware x, no downgrading, so not every console is going to be pirate-accessible).

This can be considered good or bad. Personally, I consider it good. But I hope someone will eventually find out how to hack them in a remote future in order to allow to someone else to make emulators and not let them disappear.

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
360 banned your consoles, Ps3 went full rage mode after 3.55 and this gen hasn't even been touched yet. Only the 3ds, but it's very limited (only firmware x, no downgrading, so not every console is going to be pirate-accessible).
Actually it is possible to downgrade now, or I am wrong?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country

This can be considered good or bad. Personally, I consider it good. But I hope someone will eventually find out how to hack them in a remote future in order to allow to someone else to make emulators and not let them disappear.
Every 3ds firmware can play backups. Gatway only works with 9.2 and below but sky3ds works on current firmware.

My 360 played backups for years (and still works no issue without a ban). Only people I know got banned for playing really early like halo 4. I played all cods a few days before release as well. If your careful your fine. Not sure about ps3s though.

As for Xbox one downloading data I can't see that being right as some people don't use internet, the only thing the net is needed for is updates, the game data HAS to be on the disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s