What Modchip should i get?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by otakutrevan, Mar 8, 2008.

Mar 8, 2008

What Modchip should i get? by otakutrevan at 9:33 PM (1,098 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. otakutrevan
    OP

Newcomer otakutrevan Member

United States
    Im about to buy a Wii and i have experience with modchips, but it seems most wii chips or "drive chips" all seem to have flaws. I hear the wiikey is good, but i want to get the best one yah know?

2. 0nyx

Member 0nyx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well the wiikey is good,but it seems that the wiikey team is dead...Lets explain to yuo the situation:

One month ago,people discovered that the LEGIT Super Smash Bros Brawl (J) Disc is not working with wiikeys.Strange thing is the SSBB backup works.Wiikey team posted on wiinewz 1month ago saying they were working for a fix...But no news since that.The yaosm programmer said it was a fix that could be made in 5minutes,very simple...So wiikey users might never be able to play the legit SSBB.I have a wiikey and i was planning to buy the game,so i think it is very deciving.I would not recommend the wiikey for that.

3. otakutrevan
    OP

United States
    Ahh...and i heard good stuff about the wiikey..well anyothers? or should i just wait till the "100% boot everything" chip comes out?

4. link459

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wiikey works fine at the moment.

I don't know why people are upset about the legitimate SSBB discs not working, you have a Wiikey! Buy the game and make a backup! Or simply add a switch to your chip.

5. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you're just about to buy a wii , then no wiikey as a new wii will be a d2c chipset. So you'll have to use one of the d2c chips (d2ckey , argon , d2pro or wasabi (when/if it comes out)

6. otakutrevan
    OP

United States
    lol.

But i dont want to get a chip and they cease update you know?

7. otakutrevan
    OP

United States
    I hear good things about the D2c, as it can boot gc and wii backups, and imported wii and gc games, BUT that is has like 30 solder points? so i think im gonna buy a wii with a d2c in it...but there gonna charge like 100 extra, lol

Posts merged

Wait, heres the upgraded D2c, its made by the same people.

http://www.d2pro.com/

8. didineedthis

Newcomer didineedthis Member

United Kingdom

if you are buying a new wii then you will be looking for a d2c chip

i have installed plenty of them ,i now use the d2pro brilliant chip and only 19 wires to install for region free

didineedthis