Hacking What Modchip should i get?

otakutrevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im about to buy a Wii and i have experience with modchips, but it seems most wii chips or "drive chips" all seem to have flaws. I hear the wiikey is good, but i want to get the best one yah know?

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the wiikey is good,but it seems that the wiikey team is dead...Lets explain to yuo the situation:

One month ago,people discovered that the LEGIT Super Smash Bros Brawl (J) Disc is not working with wiikeys.Strange thing is the SSBB backup works.Wiikey team posted on wiinewz 1month ago saying they were working for a fix...But no news since that.The yaosm programmer said it was a fix that could be made in 5minutes,very simple...So wiikey users might never be able to play the legit SSBB.I have a wiikey and i was planning to buy the game,so i think it is very deciving.I would not recommend the wiikey for that.

otakutrevan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh...and i heard good stuff about the wiikey..well anyothers? or should i just wait till the "100% boot everything" chip comes out?

link459

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey works fine at the moment.

I don't know why people are upset about the legitimate SSBB discs not working, you have a Wiikey! Buy the game and make a backup! Or simply add a switch to your chip.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're just about to buy a wii , then no wiikey as a new wii will be a d2c chipset. So you'll have to use one of the d2c chips (d2ckey , argon , d2pro or wasabi (when/if it comes out)

didineedthis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.consoletweaks.co.uk
XP
Country
otakutrevan said:
Im about to buy a Wii and i have experience with modchips, but it seems most wii chips or "drive chips" all seem to have flaws. I hear the wiikey is good, but i want to get the best one yah know?

if you are buying a new wii then you will be looking for a d2c chip

i have installed plenty of them ,i now use the d2pro brilliant chip and only 19 wires to install for region free

didineedthis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1