Hardware What mod-chip is this?

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a secnd hand Japanese Wii. It is hard-modded and it was still at firmware 2.0 and at Japanese language. I ran Wii games and Gamecube games with no problem. However when i changed the region to US and System Menu 4.1 the mod-chip can't read disc from disc channel anymore. I need to know what chip this is to see if there is a utility disc or firmware update.

f6de931bd1.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f6de931bd1.jpg

Looks like a sucky chip BTW. Still need it just for Gamecube and Sam and Max :-)

Thanks!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks like a standard programmable chip. They're not specific to the wii, you can use them for a lot of different electronics projects.
It probably has something like YAOSM programmed on it, an opensource project.

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Granted it is an open source mod-chip, will there be a way i could upgrade it's firmware to have something like autoboot features? Thanks guys.

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got some info on this chip. It's called a "Wii bet" and you say "What?" and i answer again, it's "Wii Bet". Sucky Chip, Sucky Name. Does not have update features, Does not have GC Audio Fix, and can be detected easily by Wii Sports Resort (It shows something similar to Error 003 about unauthorized device connected) when launching from Disc Channel. I was happy to cut the wires :-) Pure softmod here i come!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple