Hacking What micro sd works with R4 sdhc gold pro?

fetknol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I recently bought my first r4 and so I tried installing everything by following tutorials online. I formatted by micro sd card, installed the kernel and added a game. I then tried to boot it up an initially everything seemed fine but when I tried to open the game I got an error saying: DEMON0.SYS error and I could not open up any games.

I did some searching and while I found no good solution I saw that the issue is most likely in the micro sd card. The card i used is a "Verbatim 8 gb Micro sdxc". I thought that it being a sdxc might be an issue since the r4 is called sdhc but it seems to be able to read the card just fine in the menu atleast.

Some info:
The card is a "2019 R4 3ds upgrade SDHC Gold Pro"
I have checked that the flashcard is not fake
I have formatted it to FAT32

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Isn't 8 GB too small for SDXC? If I recall corrrectly, SDXC is anything beyond 32 GB not less than it. I suggest getting another one, preferably a Class 10 16 GB microSD card.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dunno, a 8GB SDXC sounds pretty fishy… it's possibly a counterfeit one. As @nxwing said, it's too low in storage capacity to be a SDXC.
You said that you tested to verify that it wasn't fake, did you do it with H2testw?
And yeah, it's possibly because of the program you used to format the SD.
Follow this tutorial to format it correctly on FAT32 system file type, it should do it.
If not, then try with a true SDHC card just to check that it works fine with the intendeed card type.

fetknol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah i suppose the micro sd card was just a really shitty one...

Thank you for the help, I'm gonna try buying a new proper micro sdhc card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended