WHAT MEANS v256 and v512 on .wad ?!?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the version of the wad is not going to be the same as the game itself. there's some sort of conversion that takes place, which is why they grow exponentially. I saw how to determine actual version (i.e. lik 1.00, 1.01, etc) on some site. it was talking about how the switch does it though. I think it might multiple by 256, so 256^2 = 65536, which is generally the first update to a switch game. it gets confusing with .0something updates though. I think the above is either 1.1 or 2.0, but the .0something is confusing for sure.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If you're referring to system menus then 512 corresponds to 4.3J, and v256 corresponds to 3.1J
Reference link: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/System_Menu

Even if u install the correct version u could brick if u don't have an appropriate corresponding system menu IOS installed (e.g. Ios80 for 4.3). I suggest using modmii to help u install the latest IOSs or change system menu versions, that way you're certain to get the right files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."