OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Something i wonder fo a long time!

I love mayonnaise and i eat it with almost anything (cooked/fried/backed potaotes, salades, any meat, as replacement for butter on my bread, with any kind of potato chips (paprika/sell/bbq/whatever) When i have time i make my own, but i always have a backup bottle in house when i'm short in time.

Home made mayo is the best, you make it to your own taste, but it's not about home made this time but one you can buy
Also it's not a question about mayo in a bottle or Mayo in a tube or mayo in a squezze bottle, that doesn't matter!

It's all about the brand you like

I preffer Calvé Citro Mayo and Calvé regular as backup

But i also like to try other occasionally, so i regullary buy mayo from another brand.
some taste awefull, some tatse like nothing and some taste ok BUT...
but not 1 has ever topped Calvé Citro

What brand do you like/preffer?

For example:
D+L (Devos Lemmens) (Not bad)
Vandemoortele (Not bad, but not my taste)
Hienz (Yak, so not my thing)
Aldi Mayo (Don't waste money on it, so bad)
Lidl Mayo (Don't waste money on it, so bad)
Whatever brand is popular or you buy locally

[EDIT]
I know some brands or hard to find or not at all on sale in other countries
But it's nice to know what mayo i can get when outside Belgium and the brands i love aren't available ;)

Last edited by DjoeN,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
dsc03515-kopie-05dfde75.jpg

From SPAR (S-Budget is a cheap own brand from SPAR).
But mostly I do it myself.:)
Egg yolk,Salt,little mustard and a lot of oil.

Reactions: wiewiec

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Natura, but it is hard to get outside of Argentina.
2. Mayoliva, but it is hard to get outside of Argentina.
3. Heinz, well easy to get in the supermarket and at least does not suck.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Kraft tbh but I don't even know if it's technically mayo (like half of them out there)
So true, half of it doesn't look/taste like mayo, but Kraft is also one of thoe that are ok to get, not bad, not great but good enough when nothing else is available :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Natura, but it is hard to get outside of Argentina.
2. Mayoliva, but it is hard to get outside of Argentina.
3. Heinz, well easy to get in the supermarket and at least does not suck.

I once eaten very good mayo in Germany, but forgot the brand and i never found it again when i go on holiday in Germany.

[Offtopic]
But i always get me plenty of bottles Schwip Schwap (Pepsico) and Mezzo Mix (Coca cola) somthing you can't get in Belgium.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
From Wikipedia

In the years of 2002 to 2003, Winiary received various awards for its Decoration Mayonnaise (Majonez Dekoracyjny) product.

Hmmz, have to try that one, think i'll ask my polish friend in the village for a bottle to bring when they go home and come back for work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The one you can play as an instrument.
Hmmz, i wonder ... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: IC_

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homemade mayonnaise is the best. Since it doesn't have all the preservatives in it, it has a more natural taste to it and can be flavored to my personal taste. I always wondered why the mayo on a restaurant sandwich tasted different then the store bought mayo. It's because of the preservatives.
The only thing I don't like is that since it doesn't have preservatives in it, I don't trust eating it after a week of sitting in my fridge even though I will eat store bought mayonnaise weeks after the best by date has past.

Reactions: DjoeN
D

Deleted User

Mayonesa McKormik...
This video is from some time ago. It's from a Mexican TV "enteratinment" gossip program. The dude that's on the video, is a well known and fairly respectable presenter. He's accepted to be gay, and overall he's a cool dude.

In the show "Ventaneando" where he's been working since the 80's up till now, he attempted to promote Mayonnaise Hellmanns, but he changed "Hellmanns" for McKormick, it's main competition.

Even if you don't understand spanish, his expression makes a pretty clear message of how desperate this dude is to go back in time and just DO IT right. It's universal language my friends.

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hmm, to me, mayonnaise is just that, handmade and natural. no different taste/flavor:
- egg (yellow only)
- mustard
- oil
- salt if you want

And that's all. there's no additional flavors.
I might be boring, but at least it's more natural. no taste, chemical flavor, chemical additives, conservators, etc.

these brand's paste doesn't even have eggs or mustard, it shouldn't have the right to be called mayonnaise.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: smf and DjoeN

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayonesa McKormik...
This video is from some time ago. It's from a Mexican TV "enteratinment" gossip program. The dude that's on the video, is a well known and fairly respectable presenter. He's accepted to be gay, and overall he's a cool dude.

In the show "Ventaneando" where he's been working since the 80's up till now, he attempted to promote Mayonnaise Hellmanns, but he changed "Hellmanns" for McKormick, it's main competition.

Even if you don't understand spanish, his expression makes a pretty clear message of how desperate this dude is to go back in time and just DO IT right. It's universal language my friends.

Wow, that is a lot to take in. I don't believe McKormick is available here in US. I have never looked for or witnessed its presence personally. I'm sure it is available somewhere. I still buy Hellman's or sometimes the fake version from Aldi, whatever soundalike name it has. Growing up, my mother always used Miracle Whip? God (can't figure out how to lowercase the G) damn garbage Miracle Whip is. I had not tasted real mayonnaise until well into my teens apparently. I don't take it too seriously as to purchase gourmet Japanese doll mayonnaise at the Asian stores or anything, but yea. Miracle Whip is shit and Hellman's is an alright compromise.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mayonesa McKormik...

Believe it or don't Hellmann's and best foods are the same mayonnaise. By the same manufacturer.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dead mayo is the best mayo ... this abomination made out of oil and egg is so disgusting ...

I have to admit in some rare occasions special mayonaise based sauces like the chipotle sauce at Subway doesn't taste bad but still if you have ever seen how this stuff is made it is really hard to understand how people can eat this. (and it doesn't even taste good)

Better us Ketchup or Mustard

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dead mayo is the best mayo ... this abomination made out of oil and egg is so disgusting ...

I have to admit in some rare occasions special mayonaise based sauces like the chipotle sauce at Subway doesn't taste bad but still if you have ever seen how this stuff is made it is really hard to understand how people can eat this. (and it doesn't even taste good)

Better us Ketchup or Mustard
TBH, when I make the stuff myself (with extra garlic) I totally see how it's made and then it tastes even better, but it gets spoiled really fast.

Reactions: DjoeN

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Preferences for things in descending order of things I will have in sandwiches or as a condiment

Salad Cream. Sainsburys.

Other conventional salad creams. You can keep your law fat ones.

Some homemade options of mayonnaise but even though it is sorted I am always wary of unpasteurised egg products as I have seen salmonella in action and don't care to have it happen to me.

Something called remoulade that lidl sometimes did. Tastes somewhat similar to the French takes on the matter.

Most European commercial options as far as mayonnaise goes, though as fighting words the Dutch takes are among the lesser.

Dog shit

American mayonnaise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.