Gaming What Mario Kart Wii control scheme do YOU use?

What Mario Kart Wii control scheme do YOU use?

• Wii Wheel FTW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just the Wiimote!

• Wiimote + Nunchuk

• Classic controller

• Cube controller, baby

• What makes you think I'm playing this game?

• Total voters

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Official GBAtemp Portal Poll

If you're playing it... Which control scheme are YOU using in Mario Kart Wii?

- Wii Wheel ( or if you plan to buy it )
- Just the Wiimote - use the Wiimote without the wheel
- Wiimote + nunchuk
- Classic Controller
- Gamecube Controller

Personally, after trying all control schemes (minus the Wii Wheel shell) I have opted for the Gamecube controller. It feels a ton better and the controls are much tighter. The Wiimote controls are fun while they last IMO, but for getting down and dirty and doing some proper racing and power slides it has to be the Gamecube controller for me!
smile.gif

itago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
To me, Mario Kart has always been about fun and not just hardcore winning.. and the new wheel control mode sure is FUN! I wouldn't go back to n64 or gamecube controllers even if they were a lot better for handling. Screw you guys
tongue.gif
Same goes for SSMB

OwlPen0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not excited about this game at all, for some reason. So last option for me
tongue.gif

Although if I WERE to get it, i'd probably try the Wii Wheel. And if that didn't work, i'd use the Classic controller, cos my Gamecube one doesn't stretch far enough from where my console is. I sit on the floor closer to my TV for Brawl just because i'm so used to Melee.

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I chose just the wiimote (as I don't have a wheel). I played excite truck a TON, so I'm used to the sensitivity issues when doing motion steering. It only took a few races to be able to control as good as I used to with d-pad or analog stick controls. I feel like you have more control over power sliding (specifically, the angle at which you're sliding) with the wiimote. The only downside is the power slide boosts seem to be gimped with just the wiimote.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
DS_USER_997 said:
THE GAME ISN'T OUT YET!!!
GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD!!!

*Hopes that was sarcasm*

I plan to buy the game and use the wiiwheel! ALL HAIL THE NEXT GENERATION XD

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS_USER_997 said:
THE GAME ISN'T OUT YET!!!
GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK HEAD!!!

QUOTE(CockroachMan @ Apr 9 2008, 05:32 PM) The game is not out yet!? How are you people playing it!?
wtf.gif

It has been dumped, people have got it out early because shops dispatched the pre-orders early and sometimes shops will break the release date of a game (if it is a big title) and place it on the shelves early.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
itago said:
To me, Mario Kart has always been about fun and not just hardcore winning.. and the new wheel control mode sure is FUN! I wouldn't go back to n64 or gamecube controllers even if they were a lot better for handling. Screw you guys
tongue.gif
Same goes for SSMB

You said it perfectly!

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm going to use my GC controller. (Hell yeah , can't wait for Friday. I'm going to have a MK Wii Launch party with my Friends and we're going to stay up all night playing MKWII. Hehe.)
Mainly because I'm a kind of control freak. I could never play with a Nunchuck + Wiimote combiniation. And the wheel would be too uncontrolable for me , seeing as my hands are very shaky most of the time.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade...