What makes Twilight Princess NGC hold a high value?

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Jul 20, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    The PAL version, that is. Don't know about the NTSC.

On eBay it goes for £30-£80, as you can see here all the sold listings shown it's an extremely well profitable game that if someone were to have thousands of copies laying around they could make a shit-ton of cash outta it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_s...incess+gamecube&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

I take it the reason is Out of Print but even then, that much?

I thankfully have my own copy but would never pay higher than £32 for it.

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    the reason is because noone has thousands of copies of it. the gamecube version is comparably rare. but as long as someone is selling it for 30 pounds, it doesnt matter if theres someone who wants a million for it.
    and 30 pounds is kinda worth it too

3. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Aside from general popularity, its original controls and non flipped world. Also was the system's final release in various countries.

Apparently French and Spanish were Wii exclusive to NTSC users. I don't know if that had real impact.

4. SnailCombat

SnailCombat Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2014
    United States
    somewhere
    is it really that rare? wow.
    maybe it's because the majority of people bought it for the wii?

EDIT: ninja'd

luckily i didn't have a wii back when it was released, so i have it for both systems now

5. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    flipped world? i had noticed screenshots on the internet mirrored and i did get lots of confused.... why did they flipped the world?

6. LuckySteves

LuckySteves Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2011
    Canada
    Link is a lefty for most of the series, but when they brought the game to the Wii, they wanted the wiimote to be the player's version of the sword. Since the majority of players are right handed, they decided that the easiest thing to do was flip the world from the gamecube version where Link remains left-handed. That way, they don't need to remake too much, while allowing the player to hold their "sword" in the right hand.

7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    It's mostly because the Gamecube version didn't see as much production as the Wii version, and because of it's limited availability it's considered somewhat "rare".

Ammako likes this.