What makes Super Bomberman R a must own for Bomberman fans/gamers?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Saiyan Lusitano, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I love playing Mega Bomberman on the Sega MD/Genesis emulator so what exactly will this new Bomberman make it a must buy?

The online play will definitely be interesting but not why I'd buy it in the first place. I just want a bunch of good reasons to make myself get Super Bomberman R for the Switch. :)

WiiuGold likes this.
  2. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Because when Hudson Soft was bought out back in 2011, all Bomberman games in production were cancelled at the time. Since Konami decided to release some Turbo Grafx16 (PC-Engine for you Japanese folk) games on the virtual console for Wii U just last year. I'm just hyped that Konami is actually giving this series a chance.

Pienkaito and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  3. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Wait before buying it tho. It's still FucKonami we're talking 'bout. The game might be total crap.

Sinon and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  4. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    I preorder it can't beat it for 39.99 :) i use to play them all back in the day . I want to see how online works .

Sinon likes this.
  5. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Ah i always like bomberman. I play pretty much all of them, its just a cool game.
    It became a must buy for me, so that when im finish with zelda or need some down time from it i will have bomberman to play.
    Looking forward to playing it online. Thats someone i really wanted with the other ones.

6. Yami Anubis ZX

Yami Anubis ZX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2016
    United States
    The game is actually being developed by Former Hudsonsoft people AKA Bomberman creators and alot of people who have played it at Switch events love it. It is being published by Konami but it's still being developed by Former Hudsonsoft devs, so it still has the old Bomberman vibe to it.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX, Feb 7, 2017
    Eurasiam, VMM and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  7. Pokem

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    how does one fuck up a bomberman game lmao

WiiuGold likes this.
  8. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Ah, in that case, I guess it's alright, then.

The same way Ubisoft fucked tetris

Guipradi and Saiyan Lusitano like this.
  9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    39:99 what Dollars? Pounds. Yen? Quid? I need to know currency! I'm not paying full price for a bomberman game. Especially if is KONAMI, $15 is probably the lowest they can get away with. HUDSON could get away with more. :P

10. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I'm surprised that no one mention Bomberman Act Zero.

VMM likes this.
  11. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    I admittedly played Bomberman R at the Switch Premiere but it left me with mixed feeling because when it was on the Switch Tablet screen and it looked so tiny, plus, playing with the Joy-Con wasn't really too ideal either (mainly the lack of a real d-pad being the reason).

Thanks for that tidbit of info.

Pachinko.

I watched a gameplay video of Bomberman Act Zero and man, what a strange game that is!

12. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it looks shit you got tiny little stages and it looks like it was made for a phone.the ones on the snes are the best ones.

13. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I played it too with someone else that knew their bomberman. Liked it well enough, though for what I did play not as much as the XBLA bomberman which is my current standard for modern bomberman (though if you can get past the tall bombers then bomberman 2 on the DS is good stuff). That said it seems the drop curves were a bit different (fewer of them but more potent for the game when you did get them).
    Got a look at some of the options and it had a few, though far from something like atomic bomberman's insane amount of them. It did have the recovery positions on the edge of the arena which I am not a fan of but can live with. The arena destruction was quite nice and added a bit of a different element.

I would be stunned if it turned out as tight as Saturn or PCE bombermans, though I am not expecting to be anywhere near as divisive as N64 bomberman.

To that end I suppose I would not fault someone for getting it but it will not be anything you can't do with half a hundred emulators right now.

14. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    A good online multiplayer Bomberman game has been something we should have had a long time ago, and I can't believe we really don't have such a thing yet. Its probably the most enticing part of this new Bomberman game. Being a launch title it will probably have a good sized online audience as well. Even still $50 for the game is probably $10 to much for what the game is for me. I love Bomberman, but when his games don't have a full fledged adventure mode (I'm talking like the 64 adventures), I can't justify paying that high a price. If it were $40, I'd but it at launch along with Breath of the Wild.

15. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I played it in the past with my childhood friend on the ps1. I pre-ordered it and cant wait to play it ❤️

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    No, not for me. I played it on SNES and TurboGrafx. Not addiction and not into it. I will skip it, thought. It doesn't mean anything to me at all.

17. Saiyan Lusitano
    OP

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The stages do look tiny and even the screenshots in HD still look small-ish. I dunno, I'm totally happy with this:

[​IMG]

Over this:

[​IMG]

It's a hardsell.

18. fatsquirrel

fatsquirrel GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    15$ for a Switch game? YOU FUNNY MAN YOU
    Just turning on Switch will probably soon cost you 15$ if Nintendo continues its absurd prices.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  19. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Sometimes you have fond memories of X series. But then the parent company gets sold and you think you will never see a X game ever again. But then beyond all hope the new IP holder announces a new title! So what it looks mediocre and comes at an absurd price when you need the money for rent, gas, car, computer, bills, tuition, smart phone? It's X! Sure you can just wait one or two years and it will certainly be cheaper, but if you don't support X on release then surely the new IP holder will never make a new X ever again. The IP is being held hostage and only you can save it!

Most any Bomberman is not very much game. Imagine how much game $60 would get you in a Steam sale? Then remember OH MY GOD new BOMBERMAN game! WOW!

Last edited by Heran Bago, Feb 7, 2017
    Saiyan Lusitano likes this.
  20. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    [​IMG]

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.