Hacking What makes a wii a "virgin" and what makes it softmodded?

MLRX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people have the homebrew channel and iso loaders on there wii and call it a virgin wii. i thought that makes it softmodded? whats the border line that divides virgin from modded?

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen the same, and I just think they don't know what they are talking about...

To me anything installed by the user not through official nintendo/game stuff would make it non-virgin to me... ie having homebrew channel, CIOS's or other apps makes it softmodded. Add a hardware chip and it's hardmodded

I can see some people calling the ability to play "backups" either through software hacks or hardware hacks as being "modded" and not consider homebrew apps to be in that class, but I think once you change the official software, it is modded. just my 2 cents...

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MLRX said:
turdodine said:
unhacked=virgin
need to ask=virgin

=)
huh??
touched for the very first time.

really though its quite simple... if you've installed anything that would void your warranty through nintendo, it is most definitely not a virgin.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
A virgin wii would be something with factory settings and all the original files and shit.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once you install the HBC, its no longer a virgin.

Using 'pussieloader' would be about the only way to tweak some savegames etc, and still retain its virginity
wub.gif

Mind you, this whole thread is purely academic, and of no real point. Who cares whether its a Virgin.

If you mean how far can you go before ninti detects its hymens broken, reckon once the HBC goes on.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
off topic, I wonder if there is any market for a surgical revirginization clinic....

anywho yeah I'd say its no longer a virgin if you install anything to the NAND other than official nintendo channels and official nintendo updates.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
oh, if you want to keep your wii a virgin, dont fuck with it.

just masturbate or something.

feels good man.
smileipb2.png

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
only 2 things u can do to a Virgin wii and have it keep its virginity

1) as mentioned earlier, using pussyloader to copy restricted gamesaves
2) if you bannerbomb (or any exploit) any kind of app that doesn't have any cIOS dependencies (ie. some older emulators... before they started using cIOS202), it would also retain its virginity

okay, and there is also a 3rd way, u can connect an infectus mod chip to your nand, and copy it, without affecting its softmod virginity.

edit:
everything else requires one or more of the following: cIOS, HBC, BootMii, or DVDx

edit2:
don't u just hate virgins? They only play with their pussyloaders and miss out on the good stuff

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
jan777 said:
oh, if you want to keep your wii a virgin, dont fuck with it.

just masturbate or something.

feels good man.
smileipb2.png
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

it's true, it's true...

well anyway, back to topic, if the IOS is all original, no hbc, and no backups loaders, then i think it's back to virgin again

gbasp.gif
nayps3.gif
yaywii.gif
yaynds.gif
yaypsp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte