Gaming What looks better?

tinpanalley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which setup looks better on a standard LED TV for an original XBOX game?
- Original XBOX via component
- 360 via HDMI

I have heard tell of original XBOX games that actually look better on component even on an LED TV. Thoughts?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never owned an original xbox, but they look pretty good on the 360 through hdmi. I can't manipulate the aspect ratio with it though, even with the framemeister. however, I can do so with the ps3 and a ps2 game.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't know that I have ever compared such things, and I don't know what limitations the 360's original xbox emulator might be operating under (to say nothing of graphical glitches in some games with it -- check the various compatibility lists to see what goes there). You might also have whatever the xbone is capable of.

I will however throw another variable in the mix.

Cheap component cables (which is most of what you will find today as they get some dude in China to cannibalise a normal adapter and solder a few extra wires on) might well look different to fancy shielded/official ones if you get a nice bit of interference/cross talk going on in them.

Also for the PAL peeps playing along here. You will need the enigmah video switcher program (you just run it once) and obviously a homebrew modded xbox (trivial to do) if you have a PAL region xbox. MS decided PAL country was not allowed high resolutions for some reason. Change it and things that support it (so various pieces of homebrew and non PAL region versions of games) will then allow it.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night