Hacking what kind of video formatt does dstt plays?

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm i was wondering what kind of video format type can be playd in a dstt. i lookd and searched the forums but i have found nothing? i really want to put some videos on my dstt. does it have its own format type or mp4 can be played on it?

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tuna-viDS plays avi files that are shrunk to the correct screen size, being 256x196. You can use ffmpeg or Super (name of the prog from erightsoft) to convert your files. Super will also help to convert to DPG if you decide to go with Moonshell instead. There was a post that was on page 4 that went over tuna-vids and moonshell use for videos...mostly about tuna vids.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUPER is the best file converting software I've ever seen, and it's completely free. It can convert to .avi, .wmv, .dpg, even DVD. Plus lots more.

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hhhm so if i use super it will be better the using the moonshell way. or how would i use the files that i convert with super?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Super encodes to dpg exactly the same way that the Moonshell tools do. Also, Super can't compare with any real encoder. BatchDPG gives much better quality videos.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super only uses the codecs provided without much refinement, but he asked what was possible regarding video playback. while there are better quality tools, for the leiman, super is a great place to start for the one stop shop...also, quality isn't that bad if you mess with the settings a lil bit, you just can't convert crap and expect it to look quality....

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no...just easier to use, and on some comps, the only one you can use. everytime i start up batchdpg it has error with the files i attempt to convert, but i haven't had that problem with super unless the files are already a lil small.

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im guessing super is better ok ill try super but what do i do after downloading and then converting. whats next?

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
apocalypticvisionary said:
no...just easier to use, and on some comps, the only one you can use. everytime i start up batchdpg it has error with the files i attempt to convert, but i haven't had that problem with super unless the files are already a lil small.

hmm rlly? i've had those problems too. i found that just cuz a file was avi, that doesn't mean it would work. i would then have to use total video convertor, and convert it into mjpg avi THEN it would work.

btw, i HATE mkv >.

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys the video super thingy dosent convert to dpg and i cant find anyother ones that converts videos to that format.

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i know how to that but there is no option for me too add a video to convert it just shows the normal screen and no buttons for me to press to conver or add videos to convert.

Nakura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shajal said:
yeah i know how to that but there is no option for me too add a video to convert it just shows the normal screen and no buttons for me to press to conver or add videos to convert.

Just drag (Click and move) it to the big white box, then click Encode.

shajal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hahah i did that but it says that there is a error and i tried a lot of times and diffrent kind of formats. what is wrong with it or do i reinstall it.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are getting errors it may be due to incorrect file sizes. whenever you try to encode, and it gives errors, there is a window that lists all the errors that occured. read that and see what happened. I use it to encode movies for my psp and nds all the time. works great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol