Question What kind of user submitted news or reviews qualifies as featured content? (Front page)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious to know, since I honestly haven't learned this yet so it would be nice to understand. I wasn't sure if this is just something you just maybe report to staff team and they just make it that way, if someone just happen to be seeing it and just think it should be posted on the front, if it requires validation or what? I really dunno what is going on behind those curtains over there guys. :unsure:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Stuff like is already there.
Stuff that would generate a discussion on the forums, but not a general "what is your favourite game?" type thread*. Games and computery stuff is more likely to fly than your film review, and definitely your witterings on the Franco-Prussian War of 1870's implications in the development of modern warfare tactics, but all things do get considered.
You are unlikely to spam the forum, especially if it is clear you are acting in good faith. I saw discussion of price deals and the like in another thread. Maybe if you posted each and every deal in a separate thread you would be invited to instead make a compilation thread -- we see things like it when music game DLC floods hit as nobody really cares for it but we noted it anyway, just in sections of bigger threads.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-find-and-post-news.329408/ is not set in stone but it is good advice. Equally quality, not quantity is sound advice and by the same logic if it arrives fully formatted, spell checked and with proper grammar that certainly goes a long way.

Don't copy and paste stuff (we have had problems with people doing that in the past) and instead write in your own words, maybe also adding your own spin or own input. I actually do get most of my gaming news from GBAtemp but I don't need it to act as a crappy mirror of IGN.

*we have been known to have guest articles as it were and weekly polls and what have you and stuff that normally makes for good discussions instead ends up on the portal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)