What kind of keyboard layout do you have?

What kind of keyboard layout do you have?

• QWERTY

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dvorak

• Others

• Total voters

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
same as cenotaph, but I am going to primarily use a G15 keyboard and I don't know if you can mod that into Dvorak (you have to have a certain slope to your keyboard to mod it, don't know if the G15 has that). The reason for modding is so that I don't have to press the S key to type an O or something XD

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, so it's spelled "duh-VOR-ack"
kids_say_the_darndest_things.gif

iTech

Trophies
Website
www.mikethespike.net
XP
Country
United States
BORAK? WTF is that.

I use PIMP. That's the layout for kings. That's right, the P is on there twice; because it's an important letter. (It's in the words Penis, Payroll, and Hot Ebony Pitches (sp?))

(Now that I checked it out, I actually have an AZERTY, for some obscure and possibly paranormal reason. I was sure I had a PIMP.. No wait, my mom has a PIMP, now I remember how it went! )

D

Deleted User

qwerty all the way. There's absoultely no point in using a dvorak keyboard layout when qwerty is by FAR the standard.

I already type uber fast on qwerty. I don't think it's worth learning a whole new layout to squish in a couple more words per minute.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
QWERTY!
What's Dvorak used for?

Dvorak studied letter frequencies and the physiology of people's hands and created a layout to adhere to these principles:

* Letters should be typed by alternating between hands.
* For maximum speed and efficiency, the most common letters and digraphs should be the easiest to type. This means that they should be on the home row, which is where the fingers rest, and under the strongest fingers.
* The least common letters should be on the bottom row, which is the hardest row to reach.
* The right hand should do more of the typing, because most people are right-handed.
* digraphs should not be typed with adjacent fingers.
* Stroking should generally move from the edges of the board to the middle. An observation of this principle is that, for many people, when tapping fingers on a table, it is easier going from little finger to index than vice versa. This motion on a keyboard is called inboard stroke flow.[4]

ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dvorak_Simplified_Keyboard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality