Hacking what kind of file do I need to play Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Quake in retroarch?

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Quake you need the pac files from the pc version

For Doom you need the wad files from the pc version

For Wolfenstein you need the exe and all game files from the PC version

What files do I need to play ms dos games on the dosbox emulator? And could I play doom, wolfenstein, and quake on dosbox instead of their individual emulators (ie prboom)?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For Quake you need the pac files from the pc version

For Doom you need the wad files from the pc version

For Wolfenstein you need the exe and all game files from the PC version
For Doom WAD's, don't forget to put the prboom.wad into the same folder where the WAD file is stored. More info here.
For Wolfenstein 3D, don't forget to put the ecwolf.pk3 into the same folder where the *.WL1 or *.WL6 or *.SOD files are stored. For all 3 Spear of Destiny missions I'd recommend to create separate folders aswell. And by the way, you don't really need the exe files from Wolfenstein, just the *.WL1 or *.WL6 or *.SOD (and ecwolf.pk3) files.

I have experience with dosbox on PC. So I just need the .exe files then?

Is there any disadvantage to playing say doom on dosbox vs PR boom?
You need the full game (.exe and all data files and/or folders (if they exist)).
For standart Doom on DOSBox you might call it a disadvantage or not, it's just plain Doom we loved to play back in the day. With prboom you are able to play thousands of mods and there are tweaks here and there for optimization etc.

pickinanameainteasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Doom WAD's, don't forget to put the prboom.wad into the same folder where the WAD file is stored. More info here.
For Wolfenstein 3D, don't forget to put the ecwolf.pk3 into the same folder where the *.WL1 or *.WL6 or *.SOD files are stored. For all 3 Spear of Destiny missions I'd recommend to create separate folders aswell. And by the way, you don't really need the exe files from Wolfenstein, just the *.WL1 or *.WL6 or *.SOD (and ecwolf.pk3) files.

You need the full game (.exe and all data files and/or folders (if they exist)).
For standart Doom on DOSBox you might call it a disadvantage or not, it's just plain Doom we loved to play back in the day. With prboom you are able to play thousands of mods and there are tweaks here and there for optimization etc.

I have a legit copy of wolfenstein 3d ± spear of destiny from GOG. Can I just copy the files onto my sd card and load them with dosbox in retroarch?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.