Hacking What kind of Case do you have for your DS Lite?

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country
that nerf case IS pretty sweet!

i have 2 matching case for 2 dslite
1 white 1 black
available at http://www.kickgaming.com/nds-lite-c-31.html?filter_id=16
guardmask2.jpg

those look pretty awesome as well, I might have to look into them

Yeah, I'm getting one of those soon with my M3 Simply. I have an M3 Lite Perfect right now, but will be moving to the M3 Simply soon
smile.gif

I like it!

squeaks

Trophies
XP
Country
I just saw these new Nerf DS cases on gonintendo.com / dsfanboy.com and they look awesome!

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2007/05/08/faced-w...we-choose-nerf/

Appearently they dont come out for another month but BestBuy is already selling them.
What do you think?
Would you buy one?
Do you already have a case?

Right now I've just got this thing that is more of a DS Lite "Pouch" to slip my DS into when I'm not using it. It came with a a "starter's kit" i got at walmart that also had a car-charger and some extras.

I have a black air foam case, which I hardly ever use as I just place my DS on the table when I'm done playing. It's quite a hassle if I have to slip it in and then out each time. Maybe for long storage, but for short periods of rest like a few minutes, one night or a day. It's quite impractical.

This nerf casing is colorful, might be even good to the touch. nice color as well. It's quite bulky though. Too bulky if you ask me.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a decalgirl "retro" skin and the Swing-Grips from Gamestop. While the Swing-Grips are kinda ugly, but they were necessary because the lite is just too small for my hands. The skin is good for cutting down on the fingerprints on a black DSlite.

DSLclosed.jpg

DSLopen.jpg

The grips have a place under the DS for 3 DS games and an extra stylus. The wings of the grips can tilt outward for even more comfort for big-handed people. No necessary access areas around the DS are blocked (except stylus access...see below). I believe the Swing-Grip accessory is getting rare. Gamestop doesn't list it on their site anymore.

The grips do have two flaws though. It blocks the port for your stylus, meaning you'll be using the access area under the DS where the case stores the 3 games and an extra stylus to get at a stylus. This requires that you lift the lite out of the case to get to it....kinda annoying.
The other issue occurs mainly if you like to play the DS while laying in bed. The lite just sits in the case and is only truly secure when you have the DS closed and the case locked shut, otherwise if you tilt it forward with it opened up, the DS can just flop out of the case.

I needed the extra handle area, so I deal with the "issues".

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I might pick up one of those grips too. Are these the kind of grips with the charger ports in them (or like, there is one called a Charger-Grip, so I get confused
frown.gif
)

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might pick up one of those grips too. Are these the kind of grips with the charger ports in them (or like, there is one called a Charger-Grip, so I get confused
frown.gif
)

The ones I have are NOT the charger grips. I had the DSphat version of the charger grips and they were crap. It would go dead just sitting there with the DS off. It was heavier and bulkier than the swing grips. They also did NOT double your game time, it gave you MAYBE 4 extra hours. They took longer to charge, for less life, than the DS itself did. Now maybe I just had one with a defective battery in it, but trust me, they sucked. They also blocked the GBA port.....I don't know if the lite version does this, but the DS phat version did. They truly sucked.

They SAY it has lithium-ion batteries in them, but actually, I think they are Nickel/Metal batteries and there is one in each handle. They look like AA batteries. They got very warm when recharging too, that can't be good for the DS....

While the DSlite version may be better, I doubt it. As grips, they were OK, but as CHARGER-grips, they are NOT OK.

These are the charger grips:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=802599

Note the reviews under the product description. I would ignore the favorable reviews, they obviously wrote their review before they had time to see how bad they actually are.

Clove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the swing grips a couple days ago. They're ugly, but I only use them for platformers or games that require heavy use of the D-pad and face buttons. It's surprisingly comfortable for a $10 accessory. The extra stylus grips were nice, too, but I wish they were a little thinner and could fit in the DS or swing grip someplace.

I did remove the clear plastic front, though. It just got in the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/