Hacking What kind of Brick is this? Please help!

monk3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Would really appreciate your help here as to what to do. My Dad (no really) made the mistake of updating his softmodded Wii with the 3.4 update but unplugged it halfway through after realising he shouldnt be updating it. Now the Wii boots into Preloader 0.28, will not boot into homebrew channel, and states the following below the usual preloader menu:

Error autobooting system menu
SetUID failed.

IOS v30
Systemmenu v0

I tried booting wadmanager by placing it in the root of my SD but i just get a lot of error codes. I was trying to boot wadmanager to install the sysmenu v290 for my PAL Wii. Is there anything that can be done given that IOS v30 and preloader are still installed?

Thanks.

monk3r

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorted it in the end. Had to get homebrew dol and autoboot to that, restart with reset held in, preloader, then wad manager, reinstall system menu. Resoftmod. Done.

I had searched and found guides that semi gave this info, but not 100% like this. So if the same has happened to you then do what i did.

If this has already been posted i apologise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1