Hardware What kind of brick is this? No blue screen, no black screen? Nothing? Is it even a brick?

Weaboo420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I was doing the whole downgrade to 9.2 etc. I did all of that smoothly, and then I put on rxtools I then pressed something unknowingly and it was doing this process that I wasn't sure of (I think it was dumping NAND or something). I freaked out because I realised that I goofed and shouldn't have pressed it and I turned my system off. Fuck me, right?

Now my system won't boot. It will have the power/charge light on but that's about it. Is there a way to resolve this? I backed up my NAND though.

It's not like BSOD or anything. This is different, where the screens won't even turn on to show a black screen.

What do?

landis21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried to:

1.) remove the SD card and battery then press power button for about 60 secs then place it back again
2.) then try to recover 3ds by: L R Up A (Left Shoulder Button, Right Shoulder Button, Up on the D-pad, and A) while powering it on

hope this works and good thing you got NAND backup :)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
That's a black screen brick. Though not entirely the same. Screen init never happens. NATIVE_FIRM is probably borked and safe_mode is bricked too, so the 3DS never gets far enough to turn on the screens. (Though you didn't say if you attempted to boot into safe mode or not)

I think specifically the FIRM partitions on NAND are corrupted. So it doesn't boot far enough to turn on the screen. I had this happen a while back when I tried to update my 3DS to 9.2 using a rom. NATIVE_FIRM wasn't updated correctly so the result was a brick where the screens never turned on. The only escape from this brick is to restore a backup via a NAND mod.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...