What kind of brick is this? No blue screen, no black screen? Nothing? Is it even a brick?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Weaboo420, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Weaboo420
    OP

Weaboo420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    Okay, I was doing the whole downgrade to 9.2 etc. I did all of that smoothly, and then I put on rxtools I then pressed something unknowingly and it was doing this process that I wasn't sure of (I think it was dumping NAND or something). I freaked out because I realised that I goofed and shouldn't have pressed it and I turned my system off. Fuck me, right?

Now my system won't boot. It will have the power/charge light on but that's about it. Is there a way to resolve this? I backed up my NAND though.

It's not like BSOD or anything. This is different, where the screens won't even turn on to show a black screen.

What do?

2. landis21

landis21 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    have you tried to:

1.) remove the SD card and battery then press power button for about 60 secs then place it back again
    2.) then try to recover 3ds by: L R Up A (Left Shoulder Button, Right Shoulder Button, Up on the D-pad, and A) while powering it on

hope this works and good thing you got NAND backup :)

3. Weaboo420
    OP

Weaboo420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2016
    What does removing the battery do?

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Literally nothing, just resets 3ds clock :rofl:

5. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Levelland, Texas
    That's a black screen brick. Though not entirely the same. Screen init never happens. NATIVE_FIRM is probably borked and safe_mode is bricked too, so the 3DS never gets far enough to turn on the screens. (Though you didn't say if you attempted to boot into safe mode or not)

I think specifically the FIRM partitions on NAND are corrupted. So it doesn't boot far enough to turn on the screen. I had this happen a while back when I tried to update my 3DS to 9.2 using a rom. NATIVE_FIRM wasn't updated correctly so the result was a brick where the screens never turned on. The only escape from this brick is to restore a backup via a NAND mod.

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Jan 7, 2016