• Total voters

chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hellowwwww :)

Today I was reading the playlect guide to know how to install a9hl on my o3DS ( just for information I will keep my setup atm ).

And it doesn't seems easy and non-risky as some ppl pretend here ( downgrad to 2.1 + many things to do lol ) so I made that poll to know what kind of 3DS do you own and also is you can put a little message to know if you use a9hl or menuhax or something other.

Thanks you :wub:

Last edited by chocoboss,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS, Arm9LoaderHax sysNand, with an R4 in the cart slot. One of the better gaming systems I've owned, plays pretty much any Nintendo handheld game, along with NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

Reactions: Autz and chocoboss

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DSXl A9LH. The guide is pretty easy. At first it seems hard but is really easy once you start. As long as you do what it says you can't brick doing that guide. (Unless you skip all safety measures like having you 3ds near dead or something)

Last edited by xtheman,
D

Deleted User

Congrats that you posted in the right section; hard luck that iAqua (sort of) beat you to it a while back: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-3ds-system-do-you-own.421973/

Anyhow, I own both. A gorgeous, metallic blue N3DS XL and an aqua-blue O3DS XL; both have Arm9LoaderHax installed. It is important I have both models of system for my Unity work, or else I struggle to test compatability for either device! :)

Last edited by ,

chocoboss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Manipulating nand is always risky. I already downgraded mine to 9.2 and now re-downgade to 2.1 then boot loader modification :(

I can change my cfw easily, but for a9hl dunno I can wait 30 second every boot I think lol

Last edited by chocoboss,
D

Deleted-379826

New3DS XL Fire Emblem fates special edition. Arm9loaderhax updated sysnand and latest luma. O3DS Pikachu special edition. Same setup but with 2 emunand, one with the development firmware and one which I was using to do a field runners downgrade for a friend!

Reactions: chocoboss

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
I still have a black O3DS from launch day, all the way back in 2011 that I just can't part with!
I got the white 3DSXL Mario Kart 7 bundle in 2012 but gave that to my sister after I got my black N3DSXL in 2015.

Reactions: chocoboss

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Manipulating nand is always risky. I already downgraded mine to 9.2 and now re-downgade to 2.1 then boot loader modification :(

I can change my cfw easily, but for a9hl dunno I can wait 30 second every boot I think lol
have been manipulating nands since the PSP age... never had issues.
done it with psp, wii, ps3. 3ds. even the DS
actually i once updated my PS3 on a thunderstorm day, and power cuts are frequent here, i was really asking for it...

you just need to make sure if your memory cards are not corrupting stuff or dying(i had a pen which was doing this, i got no warnings and it looked like working normal, i only noticed with some music files acting like the disc was scratched
verify the cards, make sure you can't be left without power (charge the batteries) and don't leave the process unatented or abandon at middle..

the Only true issue i had was with my DS, i was using flashme, shorted something on the board in the middle of the process and the console stopped working... in the end i just fried a fuse, i was really scared and afraid that i had cleaned the NAND because the process was at 0% no data was saved, i could had really bricked it.. but no harm was done!

Last edited by migles,
D

Deleted-379826

Except it's not risky at all the only part where even though it's SUPER SLIM. Would be when downgrading!

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a three O3DS. One O3DS metalic-red (gorgerous, but little screen... It's just beautiful) and two O3DSXL. They're all 9.2 (but when I bought them, there wasn't the 9.3+ downgrade method, so...) using LUMA (well, like in my signature). I will sell them soon though because I want a N3DSXL and it will probably be the best buy I will make.

Enlapse

Trophies
XP
Country
I own a three O3DS. One O3DS metalic-red (gorgerous, but little screen... It's just beautiful) and two O3DSXL. They're all 9.2 (but when I bought them, there wasn't the 9.3+ downgrade method, so...) using LUMA (well, like in my signature). I will sell them soon though because I want a N3DSXL and it will probably be the best buy I will make.

swabbo

Wot u doin readin dis m8?
Trophies
XP
Country
246190_gen_b.png

PAL
128GB Integral SD card Formatted to Fat32
A9LH + Luma3ds

new-nintendo-3ds-xl-metallic-black-382971.2.jpg

PAL
128GB Samsung EVO+ Micro SD Formatted to Fat32
A9LH + Luma3ds

D

Deleted-379826

have been manipulating nands since the PSP age... never had issues.
done it with psp, wii, ps3. 3ds. even the DS
actually i once updated my PS3 on a thunderstorm day, and power cuts are frequent here, i was really asking for it...

you just need to make sure if your memory cards are not corrupting stuff or dying(i had a pen which was doing this, and i got no warnings and it looked like working normal)
verify the cards, make sure you can't be left without power (charge the batteries) and don't leave the process unatented or abandon at middle..

the Only true issue i had was with my DS, i was using flashme, shorted something on the board in the middle of the process and the console stopped working... in the end i just fried a fuse, i was really scared and afraid that i had cleaned the NAND because the process was at 0% no data was saved, i could had really bricked it.. but no harm was done!
Same here, except the on time something happened to me was when I was downgrading my friends 3ds to 9.2. Pretty much it failed after Uninstalling a very crucial system title and not installing the older version. I was left with an unrecoverable brick by pure chance.

Last edited by ,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I own..

3 PAL O3DS XL's - Red/Black, Blue/Black, Luigi 30th anniv edition

1 PAL 2DS - Red/White

1 PAL O3DS Non-xl - Ice White

1 PAL N3DS XL - Animal Crossing limited edition.

All running A9LH + Luma3DS with updated sysNAND on latest firm/latest release.

3dsxlluigi.jpg
-
tumblr_np82mmBg1o1qzp9weo3_500.jpg

Last edited by proflayton123,

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a first model red O3DS and a second model Black N3DS XL. I used the DsiWare method to hack my O3DS and I'll use the same for my N3DS.

Last edited by JCCG1989,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one aqua blue o3DS running 11.0 and one black n3DS XL running 11.1. Both have a9lh and Luma. Downgraded the o3DS (running 10.4 at the time) using Browserhax, the n3DS using DSiWare downgrade and the o3DS. The biggest problem I had during either installation was a partial 9.2 downgrade on the n3DS, and the solution was "once more, with feeling".

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
1 PAL n3ds - running Luna3ds + A9LH
1 O3DS XL - luna3ds + a9lh. I need to update the official nintendo firmware. This has my own nnid attached to it. Was downgraded from 10.7
1 O3DS XL - running luma3ds + a9lh. Mostly used as a fieldrunners machine.
1 2ds - stock firmware - will be downgraded soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/