Hacking What kind ios for CFG and Nintendont?

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend want do same thign as I have on my Wii. I told him I can't remember which IOS I installed because I start installed for dvd-r loader then CFG, and lastly, Nintendont. Problem is, it been long time. So I need to know which Ios so I can help my friend for install his Wii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for nintendont, nothing. just update the console to 4.3E

for Wii games, you need cIOS d2x v8 final, base 57 in slot 249. that's all you need to "hack" a wii now. All old guides which tell lot of things are useless and outdated.

Reactions: Leobgood

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

for Wii games, you need cIOS d2x v8 final, base 57 in slot 249. that's all you need to "hack" a wii now. All old guides which tell lot of things are useless and outdated.
Alright. Thank you. But one problem, there is no base 57 in slot 249. Only base 56 for wad. I do know how to install wad in MMM.

Last edited by bradzx,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
option 1 : bring the console to your home? set internet, and do the hack yourself. You are more used to console hack anyway.

option 2 : modmii. Prepare everything on your computer, it will download the needed files from internet, you put all the files on SD and you go to your friend's home. follow the generated guide from modmii, it's all offline.

option 3 : d2x has an offline mode, but you needs files downloaded from modmii .... better just follow modmii instead. don't look for option 3.

greywolf : thanks, I always forget that post's url.
I put it in my wiki page list of useful url so I don't forget about it anymore :D
until I write all proper guides in the "full guide", to put all my guides to the same place.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
option 1 : bring the console to your home? set internet, and do the hack yourself. You are more used to console hack anyway.

option 2 : modmii. Prepare everything on your computer, it will download the needed files from internet, you put all the files on SD and you go to your friend's home. follow the generated guide from modmii, it's all offline.

option 3 : d2x has an offline mode, but you needs files downloaded from modmii .... better just follow modmii instead. don't look for option 3.

greywolf : thanks, I always forget that post's url.
I put it in my wiki page list of useful url so I don't forget about it anymore :D
until I write all proper guides in the "full guide", to put all my guides to the same place.
Both option is not working out yet because we never have hang out at home. Meaning I never come over his home or he come over my home. So that is problem. Don't ask me why.

I downloaded Modmii, but what do I looking for?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then, if that friend will NEVER be near internet nor someone who will, he should just stop wanting to hack anything. getting needed files will not magically appear on his SD or USB.
unless, you send everything by post mail ? but if there's a file missing, or any visual event you need to understand what to do, and you might need other tools, it's just too hard to help someone without having a way to interact.

I'd say option 4 : give up wanting to hack anything.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He already installed homebrew that I help him out with it. He already updated his Wii system. Only he want is Wii game like USB Loader. He want to do same thing I did with my Wii. Also he mention that he will use his phone data. That is only way he can do with d2x installer. I already told him about 4 of them on list that he need to change like number base, number slot, etc, etc, you know what am I talking about. I think this is good enough we can go. You might lock this thread.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use BlueDump to back up the IOSes that are already on the console and use those. I'm not sure if the d2x installer uses WADs or the extracted files, though.

Leobgood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kinda friends do you youngsters have now a days?
I don't visit him, he doesn't visit me, we don't hang out, we never interact face-to-face?!

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use BlueDump to back up the IOSes that are already on the console and use those. I'm not sure if the d2x installer uses WADs or the extracted files, though.
Cyan know everything about this so I can trust his knowledge.
What kinda friends do you youngsters have now a days?
I don't visit him, he doesn't visit me, we don't hang out, we never interact face-to-face?!
We met in person each other somewhere. I can't tell you what name of building. The rules said so. Sadly, we never have a chance to hang out at home. I do really want him come over my home so badly, but we never have a chance.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Both option is not working out yet because we never have hang out at home. Meaning I never come over his home or he come over my home. So that is problem. Don't ask me why.

I downloaded Modmii, but what do I looking for?
Mail him a USB stick with the files on :P
Or a cheaper option, mail him a CD/DVD if he has an optical drive.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if his/her phone can create a WEP access point for the Wii to connect, yes.
if not, you might have to explain how to use BlueDumpMod to extract the IOS to wad, to use as "offline method" (option 3 I told above), I didn't provide details how to do it, but greywolf knows everything too. If I'm not available, you can listen to him.

There might be the 2.2mod by Fix94 (usually used for vWii) which could be used to offline install without the need to extract IOS to wad.
I didn't test it ! someone might try, someone who knows what they are doing.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if his/her phone can create a WEP access point for the Wii to connect, yes.
if not, you might have to explain how to use BlueDumpMod to extract the IOS to wad, to use as "offline method" (option 3 I told above), I didn't provide details how to do it, but greywolf knows everything too. If I'm not available, you can listen to him.

There might be the 2.2mod by Fix94 (usually used for vWii) which could be used to offline install without the need to extract IOS to wad.
I didn't test it ! someone might try, someone who knows what they are doing.
Oh ok. I will talk to him about that. But it seem too late because I gave his SD Card back to him today. So I am not worrying about that unless he want it.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My friend already installed from his phone data for internet amd he load cfg loader. He said ios 249 is not found. His wii is 4.3U. He check ios log and he said 249 is red. Any idea why cfg loader is not working after installed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Exhausted but happy lol