Hacking What kind ios for CFG and Nintendont?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend already installed from his phone data for internet amd he load cfg loader. He said ios 249 is not found. His wii is 4.3U. He check ios log and he said 249 is red. Any idea why cfg loader is not working after installed?

Nintendo's IOSes only go up to 80, then 255+. There is no official IOS 249. You must install it with d2x installer or build a WAD of it with ModMii and install it with a mod manager.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I told on the previous page. you need internet at least once, there are multiple method to get the file but without internet it's not possible.
he used the phone data to get internet ? it works on Wii ?
then he can use d2x installer.

guide here
https://gbatemp.net/posts/5812338
He already installed it and he said it is not work when load cfg cuz he said 249 ios never be found.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
if his/her phone can create a WEP access point for the Wii to connect, yes.
if not, you might have to explain how to use BlueDumpMod to extract the IOS to wad, to use as "offline method" (option 3 I told above), I didn't provide details how to do it, but greywolf knows everything too. If I'm not available, you can listen to him.

There might be the 2.2mod by Fix94 (usually used for vWii) which could be used to offline install without the need to extract IOS to wad.
I didn't test it ! someone might try, someone who knows what they are doing.
Wii does support WPA, I don't know about WPA2 but it definitely supports WPA.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, you are right, I mixed with the NDS being wep only.
And when setting WPA2 on WiiU it says "attention, Wii is not compatible with this".

but my network is wpa2-PSK/AES eapol v2 and my wii can connect.

He already installed it
"it" ? what ? which version, which base, which revision, which program did he used?
if he installed a "non hacked" version, no wonder it doesn't work. Nintendo released slot249 too, you need a specific hacked 249, not a random one.

he probably installed the bad version. you didn't tell us what you gave him on the SD card, nor how did he use it. maybe he think he installed, but some people just think copying a file on SD is the installation.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"it" ? what ? which version, which base, which revision, which program did he used?
if he installed a "non hacked" version, no wonder it doesn't work. Nintendo released slot249 too, you need a specific hacked 249, not a random one.

he probably installed the bad version. you didn't tell us what you gave him on the SD card, nor how did he use it. maybe he think he installed, but some people just think copying a file on SD is the installation.
"IT" is you are the one who told me follow your guide so I told him exact what your guide said. Specific? First you told me I should follow your guide. Now wolf guy said not 249. So I don't know which one is truth for hack Wii. Both of you act like against each other for install ios. You want specific? Then one of you will have to give me specific information for install for CFG loader.

Before you suggest it, no. WE tried to work out for his Wii to give me to try it out myself even tried to my friend come over my home. We don't have any choice for that.

I want to know right install. Wolf guy said up to 80 then 255+. You said follow your guide. I tried your and it didn't work. If both of you not work, then I want detail step by step for offline method.

Right now my friend just sent me that he need wad file. He never try wad install before. He have to do it himself. I can't do it for him while he can't bring his Wii or come over his home or he come over my home.

Last edited by bradzx,

lafleche

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Please stop this charade ....
Nobody is responsible for the mess you make yourself.

If you don't know what you are doing and why, just call it a day and leave that wii to someone who knows what he is doing.

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please stop this charade ....
Nobody is responsible for the mess you make yourself.

If you don't know what you are doing and why, just call it a day and leave that wii to someone who knows what he is doing.
Sorry, but I am in hurry before tmw because I am gone to vacation for a week with my family.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know what I told you.
I just want to know what your friend REALLY did. because, I'm not in front of his console or TV, you need to give more information.
I want to know if he did what I said.

tell him to follow syscheck ! then he give you the result, and you post it here.
but, really, if you never see him, and he don't want to use internet to come here himself, it'll be hard to help both of you.

Wolf guy said up to 80 then 255+.
re-read what he said.
he talked about "nintendo" IOS you MUST NOT touch. 0 to 80 DO NOT TOUCH.
254, 255, 256, 257 : DO NOT TOUCH.

install only cIOS 249 and/or 250.

You said follow your guide. I tried your and it didn't work.
Then, you didn't really do correctly.

Right now my friend just sent me that he need wad file.
no wad file needed.

If he doesn't know how to hack, and you don't know how to hack, don't try !
he should ask himself to someone who knows.
not someone, who know someone, who know someone who give help. that'll never work.
he shouldn't hack console if he doesn't understand what he do.

there are tons of guide saying the same thing over and over internet.
read. understand why you do something (not how to do it, but why), and act.
don't act if you don't understand.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what I told you.
I just want to know what your friend REALLY did. because, I'm not in front of his console or TV, you need to give more information.

tell him to follow syscheck ! then he give you the result, and you post it here.
but, really, if you never see him, and he don't want to use internet to come here himself, it'll be hard to help both of you.
He don't have syscheck with him. I will tell him to check this thread.

Kevin, you will have to make account in here while I am gone for a week. Also you need download Syscheck right now when you get on computer. I need prepare for tomorrow. Cyan and other people around here will help you while I am gone.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
explain to him how to get and use syscheck. (he don't need to register to follow the guide or download the program)
once he got the log on his SD, we need the lines "249/250/251", that's all we need. he wrote them on his phone and send to you, or take a screenshot, whatever he likes best.

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
explain to him how to get and use syscheck. (he don't need to register to follow the guide or download the program)
once he got the log on his SD, we need the lines "249/250/251", that's all we need. he wrote them on his phone and send to you, or take a screenshot, whatever he likes best.
Alright. I will let him know about that. I don't think he did download Syscheck yet. He only can use computer at library. Sadly, he only can use it for few hours. He will use computer Monday to Friday. I will update for you. I will use my phone when I am gone to vacation.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My friend mention this that he have two more installed wad.
iOS57-64-v5918.wad and iOS56-64-v5661.wad.
Now he ask me what he should do with cios 222/223. He said cfg loader work but load game didn't work. It froze.

see, you are talking about things we didn't suggest.
why use 222/223 ? we are telling he need the good 249.

and having two more installed wad ?
he don't need wad !
wad are not "installed" if they are on SD card. <--- that's what I told you before. LOT of people thing having the file on SD is enough. this is NOT install.
he don't need IOS57
he don't need IOS56

what he need, is internet access on his console, and run "d2x installer" like in the guide linked on first page.
using the wrong link (vWii instead of Wii) will not work ! using a different slot, or option will not work.

If he (or you) wants our help, at least follow what we tell you/him to do.
if he goes and tries different things from different guides, then just follow other guides and don't ask here.
so, at least, try making effort to do what we tell you, if you don't want to follow it then tell us. don't mix guides ! don't follow different guides at the same time!

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see, you are talking about things we didn't suggest.
why use 222/223 ? we are telling he need the good 249.

and having two more installed wad ?
he don't need wad !
wad are not "installed" if they are on SD card. <--- that's what I told you before. LOT of people thing having the file on SD is enough. this is NOT install.
he don't need IOS57
he don't need IOS56

what he need, is internet access on his console, and run "d2x installer" like in the guide linked on first page.
using the wrong link (vWii instead of Wii) will not work ! using a different slot, or option will not work.

If he (or you) wants our help, at least follow what we tell you/him to do.
if he goes and tries different things from different guides, then just follow other guides and don't ask here.
so, at least, try making effort to do what we tell you, if you don't want to follow it then tell us. don't mix guides ! don't follow different guides at the same time!
Ok I already told him about that not to do that. He want help for his Wii to hack so he can play Wii game on CFG loader. What can he need to do? I know you want him check on Syscheck. Sadly, he didn't download Syscheck yet.

What about offline method?

Last edited by bradzx,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He want help for his Wii to hack so he can play Wii game on CFG loader. What can he need to do?
why do you ask the same question again ?
read all the messages we have written here. they are ALL to help him play games on CFG Loader.

if he want offline method, he need to put the IOS56 and IOS57 wad on the root of his SD card, instead of using internet connection, and follow the guide on ... all previous messages?

Last edited by Cyan,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why do you ask the same question again ?
read all the messages we have written here. they are ALL to help him play games on CFG Loader.

if he want offline method, he need to put the IOS56 and IOS57 wad on the root of his SD card, instead of using internet connection, and follow the guide on ... all previous messages?
He have 56 and 57 with him. That why he mention it to installed it. He shouldn't do that. I believe wolf guy mention. I will repost this when he get Syscheck and send me on fb and bring it here. I told him not do anything else until he download Syscheck and scan all of them so you can tell me what wrong with it and see what he can do after Syscheck.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
He already installed it and he said it is not work when load cfg cuz he said 249 ios never be found.

if his Wii is still in this state, isn't it obvious what's wrong? I can tell even without syscheck - He simply didn't installed cios249 properly! of couse, without syscheck, no one can tell what other mess he have made.

seriously, if your friend is so reluctant to do "this" and "that" (don't meet up with you face to face, no internet, don't want to simply follow this forum where he don't even need to join if he don't make posts... joining is free anyway), then the last thing he should do is to stop hacking his Wii (or hacking anything else)
even if he did get his Wii hacked, without internet and he don't meet up with you, how can he find the games to use on hdd.
it just sounds like he is living in stone age with no electricity yet he want to watch TV... he is making life way harder for him, you and everybody else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...