ROM Hack What Japanese game would you like translated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The poll would be pretty close between Doki Doki Majo Shinpan and Tales of Innocence >.>;;;

So yeah. I'uno, I just see all of those everywhere here, haha.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I counted through what everybody said and came up with these as the top 3.

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan: 10 people
Tales of Innocence: 22 people (i forgot to put in my post i would like to see it also)
Xenosaga I&II: 7 people

CPhantom

The Noob :(
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pimpmynintendo said:
I counted through what everybody said and came up with these as the top 3.

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan: 10 people
Tales of Innocence: 22 people (i forgot to put in my post i would like to see it also)
Xenosaga I&II: 7 people
/fun
Do all of them
tongue.gif
Become heroes to the people of the boards!
rofl2.gif

kenshin9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one would like to see a Tales of Innocence translation too.

But my vote would go for Xenosaga I & 2. The Xenosaga series is great. I've never tried the DS game out before, but I imagine there's a lot of text in there since it has a huge story. Translating RPGs would probably be easier if you had a program like the one DarthNemesis made for Soma Bringer.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TSPhoenix said:
Pimpmynintendo said:
I would love to see a translation of Xenosaga 1&2/Archaic Sealed Heat/Summon Night(the psx remake)

ZeroEXE93 said:
NetShira said:
Tales of Innocence, ASH -Archaic Sealed Heat (would love to see an official port to English but looks hard considering all the audio/video, maybe Xenosaga I & II DS.,
ASH is being considered to be released in the US. Search the ESRB site, it's already rated. =]
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp
I seriously doubt ASH will be brought over I heard it sold really poorly in Japan.

Its been years and years since Japanese sales have been of any indication of US sales.

That said the game is already finished, translating may be hard work but compared to developing the actual game its nothing. Even if it sells poorly again the second round is basically just additional revenue as the costs are low compared to making a game from scratch.

I think you meant months, unless your math is crap. *cough*

Anyways, I vote for TOI as well. On a side note, when will the actual translation begin?

Guile589

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
ivanthegreat said:
Mugen no Frontier : Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
T_T

I would like to see it too, but it won't happen... The insides of the rom are the same as in SRT W, so there will be no translations for this...
frown.gif

ivanthegreat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guile589 said:
ivanthegreat said:
Mugen no Frontier : Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
T_T

I would like to see it too, but it won't happen... The insides of the rom are the same as in SRT W, so there will be no translations for this...
frown.gif

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol i hope it gets a good faq,comes to america OR SOMETHING T___T

Chindogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Chindogg said:
Super Robot Taisen W please!
Woah finally, someone who agrees, btw congrats on your 1st post.....seems youve been lurking...

Yeah I've been lurking for a long time. It's that this post is what really piqued my interest to post. Super Robot Taisen W is just so hard to read with all the deep kanji. I figure it'll be a great challenge but an awesome accomplishment for anyone to complete it.

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
xdarkx said:
TSPhoenix said:
Its been years and years since Japanese sales have been of any indication of US sales.
I mean years. I'm not talking about ASH but in general. Japanese people just don't seem to get into the same kinda games us westerners do and haven't done so since the turn of the millenium really.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TSPhoenix said:
xdarkx said:
TSPhoenix said:
I mean years. I'm not talking about ASH but in general. Japanese people just don't seem to get into the same kinda games us westerners do and haven't done so since the turn of the millenium really.

In general, not all games takes a long time to get localize. You can say that the time it takes for a Japanese game to be localize to English is very random.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xdarkx said:
In general, not all games takes a long time to get localize. You can say that the time it takes for a Japanese game to be localize to English is very random.
He's not talking about the time it takes to localize a game at all, he's talking about the diversion between English and Japanese consumer demand.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarthNemesis said:
xdarkx said:
He's not talking about the time it takes to localize a game at all, he's talking about the diversion between English and Japanese consumer demand.

If that's the case, then my bad.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luminous Arc 2(like menu/mission) translation would be great, or even Mugen No Frontier:Super Robot Taisen Original Generation would be great, seeing as it is not import friendly >_>, but is an amazing game.

flashfactor7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mugen No Frontier:Super Robot Taisen Original Generation!!!! I can't believe I didn't know about this game. I have every Super Robot Wars/Taisen out there. Now they have an RPG (Semi)turn based Fighting game
biggrin.gif
:D:D:D. I would love to see it fully translated or even just the menu's. It would really cut down on the learning curve
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tales of Innocence
Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga
ASH

Would like those games FULLY translated......
ASH is announced to get official translation, but about those others, I really don't know...Hopefully, one day..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16