What it the best lightweight Linux OS (smaller than 1gb)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,906
  • Replies 23

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Over the last few days I have been looking for a good lightweight Linux OS that has a pleasant GUI while being powerful but after much searching of the web I have discovered many different Linux distributions so many in fact that I am unsure of what to pick I was hoping that I could get some recommendations on what Linux distribution I should use thanks in advance for any suggestion you are willing to provide
You can try Puppy Linux. which is 238mb.
You can also try Bodhi Linux, which is 706mb.
Trisquel Mini or Sugar Toast [950 and 760 respectively ].
And There is also Tiny Core linux with 3 flavors:
Core: 11mb
Tiny Core: 16mb
Core Plus: 106mb

:)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Over the last few days I have been looking for a good lightweight Linux OS that has a pleasant GUI while being powerful but after much searching of the web I have discovered many different Linux distributions so many in fact that I am unsure of what to pick I was hoping that I could get some recommendations on what Linux distribution I should use thanks in advance for any suggestion you are willing to provide
Pretty much any distro should fit in 1GB, you won't have much room for installing stuff though.
I'm a fan of Debian based distros (gotta have that apt), so I might suggest Lubuntu (LxQt based which is super light, but kinda barebones) or if you want a bit more functionality, Xubuntu or even Ubuntu Mate. Ubuntu Mate requires gnome libs which does increase the size, but for a lot of applications you might want, you're going to need the gnome libraries anyway.
The Ubuntu installer nowadays supposedly has a minimal install option that only installs the bare minimum of applications, so you don't have to go removing stuff you don't want, instead you'll have to go installing the stuff you need as almost nothing is pre-installed.
Or you can go with bare Debian which is also pretty minimal out of the box.

I've heard good things about Manjaro, but haven't tried it out myself.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1