WHAT IS YSMENU?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by shajal, May 26, 2008.

May 26, 2008

WHAT IS YSMENU? by shajal at 9:58 PM (13,833 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. shajal
    OP

Newcomer shajal Advanced Member

United States
    WHAT IS YSMENU? just curios i have ttdsmenu which is good ys or tt menu?

2. apocalypticvisio

Member apocalypticvisio GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ysmenu is a homebrew version of the ttmenu that loads faster than the original menu and looks similar to an unskinned r4 menu. it now allows you to view txt files and also has the ability for you to run gba games directly from the menu without the need for gbaexploader. but as i understand at the time, it still requires the use of the loader to use the slot2 expansions for the opera browser.

3. shajal
    OP

United States
    thats kool thanks
    i might use the ysmenu but is thier any thing dosent work or has some error

4. Nakura

Member Nakura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can run the browser from YSMenu.

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You can install both the official TTMenu and YSmenu at the same time. YSMenu can be run from the official TTMenu and vice-versa, so if you run into problems with a particular game or homebrew, you can always switch to the other to try it.

-Bri

6. apocalypticvisio

United States
    is that using the patched or unpatched opera?

7. shajal
    OP

United States
    THATS AWESOME im gonna do that oh wait do i put both menus on the roo or do i put ysmenu on the ttmenu file?
    im confused

8. apocalypticvisio

United States
    both main menu files go on the root, you can put the ttmenu.dat, ttmenu.nds(renamed base dat) and ysmenu.nds all there. you have to run the ttextract program and get the 2 files out of the original ttmenu.dat for ysmenu to work properly. to skin ysmenu, put the bgup and bgdown files renames as ysmenu1 and ysmenu2 accordingly....

9. shajal
    OP

United States
    yeeeeah about that is their a tutioral for that it would be very helpfull

10. apocalypticvisio

United States
    d/l ysmenu from home.usay.jp .... to find it, click on etc at the top, then on nintendo ds on the next page. from there just ctrl+f and search for ysmenu, d/l the most recent version by clicking on the date. it comes with an english and a chinese readme that explain basic installation to make it the primary os. but just moving the nds file and accessing it through ttmenu.

11. shajal
    OP

United States
    thanks i got do u guys have it?

12. Bri

United States
    YSMenu is a homebrew menu for the DSTT and Acekard 2 by Yasu. Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/05/20 02:55") to download the latest version.-----

To install YSMenu for DSTT:[*]Make sure you have the newest version of YSMenu and the latest version of the official TTMenu firmware.[*]Unzip the YSMenu archive.[*]Place a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" from the original menu into the same folder as the "ttextract.exe" program on your PC. Run "ttextract.exe" on your PC. Place the two resulting files ("ttdldi.dat" and "ttpatch.dat") into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.[*](a) If you want YSMenu to be your default menu, rename "TTMENU.DAT" that is on your microSD to "TTMenu.nds", then place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" on the root (top level) of your microSD card. Make a copy of "YSMenu.nds" named "TTMENU.DAT" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMenu.nds", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMENU.DAT" (a copy of "YSMenu.nds") on the root of your microSD card.
    (b) If you want TTMenu to be the default menu, place a copy of "YSMenu.nds" onto the root (top level) of your microSD card. Then make a copy of "TTMENU.DAT" named "TTMenu.nds" on the root of your card. You should now have "TTMENU.DAT", "YSMenu.nds", and "TTMenu.nds" (a copy of "TTMENU.DAT") on the root of your microSD card.[*]Place the skin files "YSMenu1.bmp" and "YSMenu2.bmp" into the "TTMENU" folder.[*]Edit "YSMenu.ini". Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN". Remove the semi-colon from the line that says "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". Save your changes to "YSMenu.ini" and place it into the "TTMENU" folder on your microSD card.That should be it. If you are using TTMenu as your default, simply run YSMenu.nds. Otherwise, it should launch directly into YSMenu.

-Bri

13. Bri

United States
    I believe that YSMenu can run the unpatched version of the Opera browser (it patches it on the fly for whichever GBA expansion cart you have).

-Bri

14. shajal
    OP

United States
    i got it to work but its in japanes and i didnt do thes steps

5 Place the skin files YSMenu1.bmp and YSMenu2.bmp into the TTMENU folder.
    6 Edit YSMenu.ini. Place a semi-colon in front of the line that says LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN. Remove the semi-colon from the line that says LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG. Save your changes to YSMenu.ini and place it in the TTMENU folder on your microSD card.

how can i make it to be english

15. Bri

United States
    Ummm...try doing the steps you skipped, specifically #6.

-Bri

16. shajal
    OP

United States
    i dont get step 6
    lol

17. Nakura

Member Nakura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Double click "YSMenu.ini", press CTRL+F and paste (or type) in LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN, remove the ";" in front of it, and put the ";" (Minus quotations) in front of the LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG. Go to "File" at the top, click save. And you're done.

18. Bri

United States
    Well...there's a file named YSMenu.ini that should be in your TTMENU folder of your microSD card. Edit the file with a text editor (WordPad or Notepad if you're using Windows). Near the top you'll see two lines that look like this:

; LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
    LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG

Edit them so that they look like this:

LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
    ; LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG

Then save the file. YSMenu should then show up in English instead of Japanese.

-Bri

19. shajal
    OP

United States
    lol look nakura i double click it but there is nothing and its blank and it says that the file name or directory is incorrect. im sorry if im bothiring u im a newb.

20. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

I am pretty sure it is the other way around. [​IMG]

For English:
    ; LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
    LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG

For Japanese:
    LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
    ; LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG