Homebrew What is Ysmenu?

Saf1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked around and I can see a lot of talk about it but I don't get what it is
frown.gif

Also, I have a program setup on my Supercard that lets me hold Y on startup and it goes directly to moonshell though I did it a few years ago so I can't remember much about it. I'm only concerning since I might be getting a new flashcart soon for my DSi and I wanted to set that up again. Maybe that's Ysmenu, I dunno.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont listen to the guy above. Any DSi compatible R4, in fact, any R4 available now is a fake and a clone. They are all substandard and crap. If you want a DSi compatible card, I'd advise Acekard 2i or DSTTi. If you can, go for AK2i over DSTTi, it has slightly better features and isnt much more expensive. both can load roms through DSision or MoonShell2 with YSMenu and AK2i can use AKAIO Loader in MoonShell2.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
Dont listen to the guy above. Any DSi compatible R4, in fact, any R4 available now is a fake and a clone. They are all substandard and crap.

The M3 Team are developing the R4i RTS. Apparently it is an ~official takeover~. I hardly call products the M3 makes substandard or crap.

Link here

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
SifJar said:
Dont listen to the guy above. Any DSi compatible R4, in fact, any R4 available now is a fake and a clone. They are all substandard and crap.

The M3 Team are developing the R4i RTS. Apparently it is an ~official takeover~. I hardly call products the M3 makes substandard or crap.

Link here
Yeah, it seems that most people don't read the news. But even so, it'll still be somewhat hard to find an official one...the R4 clone market is quite big and bloated. There's just so many of them out there. I'd either stay away from it for awhile, or buy it from a reputable website that's never had problems with carrying fakes and clones. (Not many, but there are some, I guess.)

Really, if you wanted a DSi compatible flashcart, it'd probably be best to go for either the AK2i or the new M3i Zero, with the AK2i being the cheapest choice. (Not to say there's really anything wrong with it.)

edit: ...uh, lol, typo.

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO I'd go with the M3i Zero. I got myself an AK2i, it died on me a few weeks after I got it, plus if Nintendo do something to block the card, it's dead.

The M3i however can be updated to get around blocks by Nintendo, plus I think Sakura looks nicer. I may change my oppinion when I get my M3i, but I don't think I am going to be disappointed.

ham29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
SifJar said:

Link here
Nice retaliation lol, and also i thought yasu was usable on all cards if patched???? its like an r4 menu

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ham29 said:
Nice retaliation lol, and also i thought yasu was usable on all cards if patched???? its like an r4 menu
no. only works on dstt, r4 and AK2. and on those cards it can be used as a backend for DSision or MoonShell2, allowing them to load roms.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/K-Gqyv0gkHc?si=nGlIcg7Lr7OPfc4a