Hacking what is your opinion on the GBA EZFlash III

galbro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do any of you own the EZFlash III - please tell me what you think about it and please tell me specifically why you like it or if you dislike tell me specifically why?

i do have an opinion on this flash kit but i will tell you later on my opinion because its fair to hear your opinion first.

thank you.

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
I liked mine. It works brilliantly for GBA games, and had some neat features (ROM compression). The NDS ROM support was really a bonus, and I didn't use it that much. The thing is disliked the most about it was the writing software, which always seemed slow and unwieldy.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets just say my EFA2, 2 G6s, and my X-Rom 512 are all collecting dust, and who knows where my EZFA and F2A Ultra are. Never tried an M3, because i heard about so many compatibility issues. I spent so much money on flash carts its retarded, and it sucked so bad testing only a handful of games on every cart and only having half of them play and save properly with all of them. except for the EZ3. bottom line, it just works.

oh yeah, another big plus, The EZ-Disk stores at least a 1Gb of games, and the load times are so fast its ridiculous. that was probably what impressed me most about the EZ3, you pick a game, and it loads fast. no sitting there waiting and wasting the gba's battery while it writes the game to NOR.

Suwaidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, it was my first flash card, and I really liked it. My only problems were with the space (had a 1 Gb, or 256 MB of space only
frown.gif
). Also as chuckstudios said, the writing software is somewhat slow. These two issues made me look for another card and I tried the M3 Lite but didn't like it, so I went back and purchased an EZ-Flash IV, I really hope I will have a similar (if not better) experience with it
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
It's cr@p.
Mostly because of its software. I got one new (70USD) from Jandaman, and it is terrible, some backups can't be loaded, sometimes it freezes while flashing...

Get a G6, trust me. In the end I'm buying a G6 too.
I'll sell my EZ3.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's cr@p.
Mostly because of its software. I got one new (70USD) from Jandaman, and it is terrible, some backups can't be loaded, sometimes it freezes while flashing...

I'll sell my EZ3.

wow man, you definitly got a dud. _all_ of my backups load perfectly, and mine never freezes while flashing. i know because i Cue up like 20 games to burn, and it takes a good hour to burn them, i just let it do its thing and all my games burn.

Good luck with the G6. like i said i have 2 of them, 2nd and 3rd and they both were terrible. I might try out an EZ IV, but I have a 100+ games on my EZIII 8Gb and they all play and save perfectly.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
It's cr@p.

I'll sell my EZ3.

wow man, you definitly got a dud. _all_ of my backups load perfectly, and mine never freezes while flashing. i know because i Cue up like 20 games to burn, and it takes a good hour to burn them, i just let it do its thing and all my games burn.

Good luck with the G6. like i said i have 2 of them, 2nd and 3rd and they both were terrible. I might try out an EZ IV, but I have a 100+ games on my EZIII 8Gb and they all play and save perfectly.

I've uploaded to the EZ Manager ver 2.22, and it seems to be working good now.
The EZ3 is not cr@p, but I feel the G6 a tad superior on features, software and design.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr