What Is Your Fondest Memory From Nintendo Power?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, the Nintendo magazine that provided subscribers with power for almost 25 years (1988-2012). I found my final subscription issue from 2012 and after spending at least 30 minutes getting my nostalgia fix, I was curious to know what was your fondest memory from reading Nintendo Power? It can be a specific article you remember, a favourite section that you liked, etc. And while we're at it, how many years were you a subscriber for (if you were)?
latest

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Torn between it ending and the resulting nostalgia for an age I never knew existed videos (there were dozens of game magazines in the UK, and if I ever read Nintendo power it was just a soft touch thing where others had a bit of grit to them) and the whining threads after the archive of them was taken down by Nintendo.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say getting the first issue, and a free copy of Dragon Warrior, so much fun as a kid.

I also liked a previews of upcoming games a lot.

I used to have the first issues of allot of the magazines, sadly like 14 years ago I threw them all out... I didn't think there would be any value in keeping them. EGM, Game Informer, GamePro, so many great memories getting hyped up for that next great game.

D

Deleted User

Getting Kid Icarus AR Cards from a issue of NP. It was one of there last, and I collected them up to the last issue where I didn't get it cause I couldn't find it. Rip

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
When it ended.

;O;

But really it was just being able to read about upcoming games or recently released games. My older brother was the one who subscribed, and I just got them whenever he finished reading them. He cancelled it in like 2005 or so, and I haven't seen a physical issue since.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I never subscribed to Nintendo Power, but I went to a friend's house as a kid and he would always have the latest issue on his dining table. When I heard the magazine was being shut down, a part of me got nostalgic, knowing I'd never see another Nintendo Power on that table ever again. I never read them, never owned any, but it was still surprisingly nostalgic.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember how, but I somehow got a year's subscription for free. I also got a free copy of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition for the GameCube with it, and receiving it in the mail was a complete surprise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways