lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you remember your first ever pirate games?

I remember my brother try to copy C64 game (cassette) back in 1988 using 2 cassette player and link them by - input mic and output phone
this really sad talking about it today. However it was our first success pirate game... I have no idea where he learned this from? it was smart and we're just a bunch of kids..

The game was call... Rambo: First Blood ... lol

c64cassette.jpg
---->
cassette.jpg
x2
= great idea..

blue99

The Original Fake
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a modded PS1, but I just bought pirated games from some shops. The first one I bought was Crash Bandicoot 2. I started burning games on my modded PS2. The first one was Viewtiful Joe.

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blue99 said:
I had a modded PS1, but I just bought pirated games from some shops. The first one I bought was Crash Bandicoot 2. I started burning games on my modded PS2. The first one was Viewtiful Joe.

We did something like this over year, self modded PS1 and bought pretty few pirated game in the markets for £5 ...

you people here soo young generation and freaking lucky with your 1st PSX mods.....
cry.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Japanese Pokémon Gold and Silver GBC ROMs. From there I discovered you could play many consoles and games on the PC...and it just skyrocketed from there.

Now I hardly pay for anything that isn't on the Wii anymore.

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a CD of GBA ROMs from my friend's dad, but the first thing I pirated on my own was SMB for the NES.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I started in the cube' era, but my first game was Ice Climbers - I mained them in SSBM and wanted to see their game lol.
Now I haven't bought anything since wii came out XD

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember back in the C64 games, on our local radio, the presenter would say stuff like "Alright, get your tape recorder out, we're gonna send out "XX"-game in a few moments"
The radio would then send out some weird noises, but if recorded properly, those sounds would do nicely as a game
happy.gif

Good times

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
advance_goemon_front.jpg

My first game i ripped my self and burned.I would always look at the pirate scene but i never attempted to copy a game(Since i really didn't know how to do any of that stuff) until, that fateful day.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I still remember hunting down iNES 0.5r (I even pirated the emulator!), and getting SMB1. Stupid Marat, charging money for an emulator. After that, I just never stopped. I still buy the games I like and want to support, but I usually just download games first to give them a shot.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh wait my first pirated game wasn't really Asteroids for MAME...it was the first one I willing did myself.

Back in the day when I was 4, my dad bought a 190 games in 1 cart for NES. MAN THAT WAS AWESOME!! I WAS THE COOLEST KID ON THE BLOCK! It was fucking $300!!!

Now that I look back, it hurts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.