What is your favorite video game commercial?

For a lot of us, what makes or breaks our decision to purchase a video game is usually a gameplay trailer. It’s no more effort than clicking away at a few keys on YouTube, hitting enter, and watching exactly what you want to see about a product you’re interested in. Yet, when many of us were younger, in the days before the internet was rife with content from publishers, or even limited to official websites with just a smattering of screenshots, the best way to gauge whether or not a game would be good was through its commercials. Played in-between various cartoons on Saturday mornings, using minimal game footage, and relying mostly on branding hype, these commercials were windows into all the possible greatness you’d soon be able to get your hands on at a local game store.

Some of them, especially from the days of the 1990’s manage to be so iconic that they’re well-remembered as pop-culture references, decades later. Throughout the history of video game commercials, they’ve ranged from absolutely cool, to pure unbelievable hyperbole, to so ridiculous that you’re downright confused as to why it exists.

So, that begs the question: which is your favorite game commercial? Funny, weird, or memorable, which bit of advertising has stuck with you over the years?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was lucky enough to catch the Ocarina Of Time ad at my local game store as a kid before it got pulled. The one where it asks if you'll save the girl or play like one. Thought it was hilarious at the time. Also me and my friend Paul ran to the counter the second it stopped playing and demanded to know what that was and how much it costs. So it may have been sexist or whatever, but it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr