What is your favorite retro console?

What is your favorite retro console? (Poll)

• Atari 2600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atari 5200

• Atari 7800

• Sega CD

• Sega Master System

• Microsoft Xbox

• Sega 32X

• Total voters

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont forget the game that kills your friendship, Mario Party (Preferably mario party 2)

How did i miss Mario Party 1 & 2?!?!?!?!?!?
funny-blister-hand-gaming-mario-party-n64-pics.jpg

We wore these like Badges of Honor :p1ng:

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox One.
It was such a good console, even if it didn't have a long life span. Connecting my cable box to a media center with a designated controller? Fucking genius. So ahead of its time.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Especially Superman64, Carmageddon 64, Daikatana, both of the terribad Castlevanias, Mega Man "Almost Legends" 64... Yup, staples of that 64-bit quality. :)

You know damn well I'm talking about the good games: Mario 64, DK 64, Banjo 1 and 2, Super Smash, Conker, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap and Stadium 2, Mario Golf and Tennis, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, StarFox 64, and then a collection of other games that I like that others may not: Mario Party 2 and 3, Bomberman 64 the second attack, Rogue Squadron, Kirby 64, Sin and Punishment (I don't know if this counts though since it wasn't released here and I didn't get to play until years later when it was released on the Wii VC), and I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You know damn well I'm talking about the good games: Mario 64, DK 64, Banjo 1 and 2, Super Smash, Conker, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario Kart 64, Pokemon Snap and Stadium 2, Mario Golf and Tennis, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, StarFox 64, and then a collection of other games that I like that others may not: Mario Party 2 and 3, Bomberman 64 the second attack, Rogue Squadron, Kirby 64, Sin and Punishment (I don't know if this counts though since it wasn't released here and I didn't get to play until years later when it was released on the Wii VC), and I'm sure there are a few others I'm forgetting.
"A few" being the keyword here. The N64 is "legendary" only for a handful of games (and only in the States, mind you - it bombed everywhere else). Overall the system was mediocre and had severe design flaws, not to mention that its library is miniscule and full of crap with few good games that are far between.

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sin and Punishment (I don't know if this counts though since it wasn't released here and I didn't get to play until years later when it was released on the Wii VC)

I actually modded my Original N64 and imported this baby back in the day along with a couple others.......Damn i miss Treasure :(

Katana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"A few" being the keyword here. The N64 is "legendary" only for a handful of games (and only in the States, mind you - it bombed everywhere else). Overall the system was mediocre and had severe design flaws, not to mention that its library is miniscule and full of crap with few good games that are far between.

I think that most of what you said is really subjective. I enjoyed the N64, though the same cannot be said for others. One Man's trash is another man's treasure. Quantity also really has no effect on this when it's about quality, bringing it back to subjectivity.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think that most of what you said is really subjective. I enjoyed the N64, though the same cannot be said for others. One Man's trash is another man's treasure. Quantity also really has no effect on this when it comes to quality, bringing it back to subjectivity.
I would argue that chances are you'll find more good games in a list of 2000 than in a list of 200, but on an individual title basis you are correct. The problem with the N64 was that it was great hardware with a horrible infrastructure built around it. Many of its solutions, especially storage, belonged in the past at that point and although impressive from a technological standpoint and quite standard-setting, it just wasn't a good "machine" as a whole.

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I can't believe the NES isn't getting more votes. Freaking contra, mario bros. , super mario bros trilogy, megaman series, castlevania series, mike tysons punch out, rygar, ice climbers, balloon fight, star tropics, duck hunt, batman, rescue the embassy mission, metroid, rbi baseball, mighty final fight, ninja gaiden trilogy, legend of zelda 1&2, metal gear, skate of die, Bionic Commando, journey to silius, tecmo super bowl, final fantasy, jackie chans action kung fu, adventures of bayou billy, Star Trek 25th Anniversary, panic resturant, POW, teenage mutant ninja turtles trilogy, power blade, young indiana jones chronicles, danny sullivans indy heat, strider, rc pro am, dr. mario, tetris, double dragon, gradius series, faxanadu, crystalis, rad racer, adventure island series, battletoads, toobin, blades of steel, river city ransom, wraith of black manta, double dribble, chip and dale rescue rangers, blaster master, ducktales, gradius, gremlins 2, jackal, kirbys adventure, kid icarus, little nemo the dream master, paperboy, metal storm. Apparently im to old and these aren't any good games.

Reactions: TemplarGR

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
@dmace the news was an amazing console. Loved Mario bros 3 especially but for me the SNES wins with super Mario world, donkey Kong country, zombies ate my neighbours

Reactions: dmace81

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mines nes for megaman series, mario, and all the kick ass konami and capcom games. Back in the day konami and capcom were big hitters.

Reactions: elmoemo

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it is a toss up between the Snes and the PS2, both with huge library with some great quality games. I think the Snes edges it for me, lot more memories of happier times for me.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Between the SNES and the PS1.
The SNES is where they got everything right: (almost) enough power for all kind of 2D games, first "good" non-arcade 6 buttons controller, great software library and great arcade ports. Too bad for the price of the games due to how they were built and the fact that I never really finished any SNES game except a bunch.
The PS1 is my best console because of the reasons the SNES had, but better. Much, much better. The only two cons I hated when I was young were the tinyass Memory Cards (1MB? 1MB!?) and the loading times in some discs (Digimon World 2003, for example).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hard choice between N64 and SNES since I have some of my favorite games on both. I'd probably say overall the SNES wins. One of my favorite series of all time has always been Mega Man X, and the original 3 are my favorite by far.

Reactions: matpower

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back