What is your favorite Marvel movie?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know it's a bad movie and all, also one of the worst in the genre, but I actually enjoyed the 2009 Wolverine movie, so that one. If it's too crappy to accept, go with X-men First Class:P
Mha fav Mahve movie was Batman Begins :grog:
Batman is DC, not marvel:P

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Spider-Man 2 was neat, and I liked the first few X-Men movies. But it's been a while since I've seen the older ones so I don't know if they actually were good or if I was more easily entertained back then. :P

The newer Marvel movies have all disappointed me lately, but I must say I liked Ant-Man of the recent ones!

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's a bad movie and all, also one of the worst in the genre, but I actually enjoyed the 2009 Wolverine movie, so that one. If it's too crappy to accept, go with X-men First Class:P

Batman is DC, not marvel:P
I disliked that movie, but I thought the dynamic between Logan and Victor was amazing.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i rarely watch movies, i do like marvel.
and i happen to watch some of the movies from marvel , i think logan has been one of the best.

i loved that one so much!
Perhaps, one of the few Marvel movies that me tear up.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
but after acquisition they are at same family tho! ofc, who wanna see Bruce wayne vs Tony Stark lol
Not really, they are still opposing families, with DC being Time Warner and Marvel being Disney (inb4 Mikey in Marvel:rofl2:).

D

Deleted User

Mine would have to be Guardians of the Galaxy, both the first and second installments. There's just some offbeat and colorful quality to it that isn't common in other Marvel movies.

And by colorful, I mean that the movie has a way better color selection than the variations of grey and black found in the rest of the MCU.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Captain America: The Winter Soldier is easily the best comic book movie of all time. Sorry, but The Dark Knight trilogy is overrated.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spider-Man, at least until I rewatch Spider-Man 2. I've just played the first movie more and I think it's my first comic book superhero movie, so there's kind of the "First is best" mentality. Although the CG is pretty dated, I just enjoyed the performances from Tobey Maguire and Willem Defoe, especially the latter. If throwing all other comic book property, it would easily be The Dark Knight.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guardians of the Galaxy would probably be my favorite. Logan was awesome too, hopefully X-Men movies will start getting on the right track again after it.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like Super Hero movies are massively over saturated these days, It annoys me because they overshadow some amazing movies that just get buried under 100's of super hero movies that come out on a monthly basis, and cos there are so many nerds who love Marvel/DC whether it's a shit movie or not, people will go watch it anyway, so they just keep churning them out, like penny sweets.

That being said.
Here's a list of Super Hero I consider good Films.

Batman Forever.

Megadriver94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me its either Spiderman 2002 or X-MEN 2.
Also, IMO, Marvel comics from before the 2009 sale to Disney are usually superior to the comics made after Disney bought 'em. This is especially so for the Marvel comics that came out after mid-2015, when they made the DAMN BONE-HEADED NONSENSE descion to end the old Marvel comics Universe!! :whip::angry::angry::angry::bortz::angry: RIP 1961-2015
1438656851129-4.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
General preface. I never read comics as a kid. Anything I know of such franchises I know from 90s cartoons and thus they are my main point of reference.

I don't think I will likely watch any of them again. Most are complete fluff from where I sit and while I can enjoy them well enough at the time I tend to sour on them before the credits are out, you occasionally get glimpses of things that could be good in them as well which makes it all the worse.

I would agree the slightly darker/more off kilter ones are better (Logan, Ant Man, Dr Strange) but they never quite make it to truly good and I mostly see wasted potential.

Deadpool I found thoroughly entertaining but I don't know that I want to see another however many films or him popping up as comic relief of a sort in other things.

The first two Blade films and maybe the TV show I might see again. I just saw the TV show had an episode/storyline recut into a film so that will probably be some entertainment later today.
I quite like the Punisher films and I thought the TV show (though I only saw the show and not the origin story in whatever it was in before) was pretty good.

Some of the animated stuff did well for me. I saw an Iron Man "motion comic" for the extremis storyline which served to make whatever Iron Man film it was a passing feature of that much worse.

On a technicality Kingsman is a comic in a Marvel imprint, as was kick ass but I am not including the latter in this. Men in Black could also count under this but unless we are looking at the cartoon I am OK.

D

Deleted User

Guardians of the Galaxy would be my favourite, loved both movies and can't wait for vol. 3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?