What is your favorite Mario SideScroller?

Your Vote goes to........

• Super Mario Bros.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

• Super Mario Bros. 2

• Super Mario Bros. 3

• Super Mario Land

• Super Mario World

• Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

• New Super Mario Bros.

• Not mentioned.

• Total voters

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote goes to Super Mario World as I personally remember that game from my childhood,and it gives me memories.It wasn't like any other game at the time,and was outstanding.I still play that game today.

Please state your answer and explain why.

mario.jpg

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bros. 2 and 3 just cant shake of Land's sentiment for me. My parents didn't approve of my NES being on more than an hour a day but I saved and bought the gameboy the day it was released. I really love that game. I was in the 5th grade and actually stayed home "sick" from school one day because I knew I would be able to beat it... and I did! The only other game I ever faked sick for was Secret of Mana years later. So yeah Land is pitifully easy now but back then it was a Gem... Anyone remember the Nintendo Comics System featuring Daisy and Tatanga? 3 or 4 stories IIRC. Good stuffs.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros 3

I really also liked super mario advance 4 for its efforts to incorporate all the other super mario bros games into 3 while still offering a near perfect port to the gba of the snes version with some almost unnoticeable changes to make the game slightly easier. I'm still bitter Nintendo bailed on the e-reader and never finished porting the cards over.

I also enjoyed Super Mario World, but the power ups were not as good in my opinion (Missed my Tanuki Suit)

Another one I really liked was Super Mario Quest. For those not familiar, it was a TI 89 game based on Super Mario Bros with a level editor. It was later updated and changed to space monkey quest to avoid copy right infringement.

Smef

The GbaTemp Hitchhiker
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.smefworks.com
XP
Country
United States
Mario 3!

No mario game since then has had the entertainment of the different suits like SMB3 did. The graphics for NES were great, the gameplay was perfect, and the levels were all different and creative with interesting secrets to be found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr