• Replies 15
  • Likes 3

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Christ... This is a tough one. Indies go for all sorts of genre, and I generally like them over AAA titles, so it's like picking my favorite child.

Let's nominate first :
VVVVV
Celeste
Race for the galaxy
Cook, serve delicious
Dead cells
Roll for the galaxy

... Okay, I'll pick race for the galaxy (on Android), but once roll has some expansions digitalized, it might surpass it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, probably. It's a crazy long RPG inspired by Earthbound, has some excellent unique mechanics, really good OST, a great artstyle, great story, and there's so much content in it for just $15. Definitely a big recommend.

Some others, though:
Blasphemous
House Flipper
Duskers
Factorio
Stardew Valley

D

Deleted User

OP
Blaster master zero 1 & 2.
shantae series.
Axiom verge.
Hollow knight.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom.
horizon chase turbo.
Ori and the blind forest and the sequel.

AtsuNii

AtsuNii's New Beginnings
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd have to go with Rimworld, followed it since the alpha about 7 years ago. Ever since it went to steam I have clocked about 700+ hours on it. Lovely game with alot of addon mods to keep the game interesting and refreshing, besides the AI that can be extremely cruel at times.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's a lot to choose from but i would go with Oneshot.

I consider pc gaming to be majory overblown and overrated but there's one thing that i really like... When the games actually make use of their invariment! At best most games just intentionally crash, but Oneshot does all kinds of crazy stuff! Sometimes it Slips a text file somewhere on your pc, there is a moment where it changes your desktop backround, you have to shake the window at one point, move files beetween folders and a bunch of other stuff, all without feeling gimmicky and it runs in RPG maker in the base! Other devs should make notes! Like why is it so rare for games to do this stuff? Like i can only think of 2-3 other games that do that! And The game does Great job at making you feel atached to the World and Niko (protag) that you guide! Art is good too and the music is Great! It's in my top 10 best games of all time. Go Play it.

D

Deleted User

OP
There's a lot to choose from but i would go with Oneshot.

I consider pc gaming to be majory overblown and overrated but there's one thing that i really like... When the games actually make use of their invariment! At best most games just intentionally crash, but Oneshot does all kinds of crazy stuff! Sometimes it Slips a text file somewhere on your pc, there is a moment where it changes your desktop backround, you have to shake the window at one point, move files beetween folders and a bunch of other stuff, all without feeling gimmicky and it runs in RPG maker in the base! Other devs should make notes! Like why is it so rare for games to do this stuff? Like i can only think of 2-3 other games that do that! And The game does Great job at making you feel atached to the World and Niko (protag) that you guide! Art is good too and the music is Great! It's in my top 10 best games of all time. Go Play it.
Reminds me of how Eternal Darkness will do all type of crazy stuff to scare the player, even breaking the 4th wall to accomplish it. I wish more devs did that type of things, its so cool

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some others, though:
Blasphemous
House Flipper
Duskers
Factorio
Stardew Valley
Ouch... That doesn't look good... :(

Okay, lemme explain : I've had all these games on my wishlist at some point. But factorio and stardew Valley... I don't know what it is (they're absolutely quality games) but I just couldn't get into them. Blasphemous is a game I honestly think was overhyped because of the theme (read : I personally hated it).
As such, I kind of fear that house flipper and duskers will be downers as well. :unsure :

No offense, of course. :)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but it's probably something on the 360. I have over 3,500 xblig on my jtag. thanks to the spoof xbox live connection with dashlaunch, the games are playable without signing in. I assume the requirement is due to them having no rating (i.e. online doesn't count towards a game's rating, because anything can happen). :D

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

OP

Okay, lemme explain : I've had all these games on my wishlist at some point. But factorio and stardew Valley... I don't know what it is (they're absolutely quality games) but I just couldn't get into them. Blasphemous is a game I honestly think was overhyped because of the theme (read : I personally hated it).
As such, I kind of fear that house flipper and duskers will be downers as well. :unsure :

The theme of Blasphemous is a pretty good concept
The game... Ehhh...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Factorio is the kind of game you'll really only like if you like to micromanage everything and like engineering/designing stuff, so that's understandable. SDV though is a "like or hate it" kind of game as well I've found, so meh. I just like the simple aspects to the farming and stuff, and it's fun to play multiplayer with my wife.

Blasphemous I really only like for the art style, boss battles, and music. The gameplay leaves a bit to be desired, it's not amazing really, but the whole package is nice.

As for House Flipper, it's just a really good time waster, something to play around with when you're bored and don't know what to play. If you've ever played Viscera Cleanup Crew, it's basically that with some simple "Sims-like" building but in first person.

And Duskers is just a nice Roguelite "strategy" kind of game. You go around controlling little drones and salvaging stuff from ships, avoiding/luring little enemy drones to their doom. Neat game, uses a terminal to control most of your drone's actions which I liked.

But this isn't a "list the best indie games ever but everyone has to agree" thread, it's a "what's your favorite indie game" thread. Not sure why it matters what you think about them when it's my opinion :P

Reactions: Taleweaver
D

Deleted User

OP
A while ago i would have said Shantae And The Pirate's Curse, but now it's tied with Bright Memory

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm