What is your favorite Author?

CharlieWex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
J.R.R.Tolken the best!
Because of him, I was able to understand what a truly amazing fantasy world is like. Thanks to him, I started writing myself. I haven't blogged yet and I think I still have a lot of work to do. But I am already being called to write for the university newspaper. Are there any people here who write for themselves or writers?

Reactions: Plazorn

CharlieWex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As well as J.R.R Tolken, I like Marcus Zusak as well
What is your favourite Markus book? At the moment I'm going to write an article for my university newspaper on the "Underdog" book. But actually I think my paper is bad from a design point of view. Do you know which graphics editor is the easiest to learn?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Terry Pratchett for me.
There are stories I have liked more than any particular one of his (if sticking with fantasy then the prince of nothing series... wonderful) but there has been nothing that has even come close to opening my eyes as much to the potential of language (and it was not like I was unaware beforehand), repeated between the eyes skewering of any institution, trope, commonly held notion or archetype, consistently memorable characters (I mentioned prince of nothing above and while I can remember major characters and the plot then there are sure to be side characters lost out, I can remember Discworld ones in books I have not read in over 20 years), common reference among people I respect (and that is not something I seek when getting to know someone, just that those that I end up keeping around have an appreciation all of their own) or book series more likely to see me up at 5am still reading them despite having important things to do for several days on the trot.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/1654.Terry_Pratchett

There is always the reading order debate here. https://www.bookseriesinorder.com/terry-pratchett/ I would say chronological up to Moving Pictures and then any you think interest you from there, or maybe ones that continue storylines you liked. That said there are plenty of other viable alternatives and standalone ones that might also do.

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is your favourite Markus book? At the moment I'm going to write an article for my university newspaper on the "Underdog" book. But actually I think my paper is bad from a design point of view. Do you know which graphics editor is the easiest to learn?
My favorite book by Markus is the Book Thief, I suggest reading it, don’t be overwhelmed by the 580 pages. Also I like to use Adobe Creative Suite for graphics editing, everything I have made with that has been very successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all