Gaming What is your desired Revo K101 if we updated?

ruilong

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there are more than 2 years after Revo K101 released. And we are now considering on improving it. Whether we should release more colors for this device? Whether we should bring you the Transparent case version like GBA? We need your feedback on this.

Once again, this is still in keeping information step and we do not produce this improved Revo K101. We will see how many people like and consider to start this job with the factory.

Tell us anything you prefer on this device. Your Revo K101 may in your hand one day in the future.

For more details on Revo K101, you can read Another World's review on it here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/k101-revo-official-gbatemp-review.339019/

WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily a feature request, but how do you set up cheats to work on the k101? Do they need to be a certain type? Action Replay, GameShark? I haven't figured out how to get any cheats to be recognized yet.

Edit: I figured it out. The instructions needed were in the gbatemp review of the revo101.

I just bought mine after I found out about the save fix. Loving it so far! no save issues yet. After testing MMBN on a real cart and rom, I have yet to hear any wrong sounds/glitches yet.

As far as suggestions?

A transparent case would be great. Different colors are always welcome. Maybe even those colored silicone covers, like they make for phones.

Bigger/extended battery. Full brightness can burn through battery very fast.

Loving my K101 so far!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
You linked to a review of a different product.

I really like the GBA:SP form factor devices. It's just a shame that the buttons don't work reliably. One person had to press the B button down really hard for it to register, and for me the Down direction has to be pressed really hard to register. As far as I know the team hasn't offered to fix them or proposed a do-it-yourself solution.

Longer battery life would be nice too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Link to the review for the others
http://gbatemp.net/threads/k101-revo-official-gbatemp-review.339019/

As for what to change I might suggest some things you already have but do you have any interesting in going beyond slightly nicer to use hardware clones and into full on improvements and/or hacker territories?
The options are not as great as some newer/more 3d focused things but manual colour adjustments (and saving schemes), disabling layers, possibly some audio improvements (the GBA DAC was not the best after all), button remapping/turbo buttons, user patch support, button macros maybe, wireless play between units in place of link cables, overclocking/underclocking, savestates (including savestate editing).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i would like to see compatibility/feature updates over hardware gimmicks like new colors.

the system firmware has low homebrew compatibility.
a crc check for games so they load the correct game art
a fix header patch for homebrew
an ability to set the in-game menu shortcut key combination (L+R+A, perhaps?). Forcing the user to rely upon the only backlight button seems like a poor decision.
improved RTC functionality

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1