Gaming What is your choice of video editing software?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I am wondering what people prefer to edit with? I've come across a lot of different types, and so far, Sony Vegas and After Effects are under my liking :D
Running After Effects CS3 + Vegas 9.0/10.0 . Today , my friend used Pinnacle Studios to edit a video and it looked amazing .

What are your choices of editing software 'temp?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
That depends on what I'm doing.

When people think of "video editors" they often thing of what's known as "non-linear" editors, like Vegas, Movie Maker, stuff like that, where you apply effects and re-arrange clips and do compositing (if supported). For this I generally just use Movie Maker as if I'm doing something simple in a non-linear editor it's usually just re-arranging and trimming clips and I don't need anything fancy and it'll often just be going right to youtube anyways. I have checked out VLMC (VLC's movie maker), though most of what I've done in it was trying to get it not to crash. :P

The other kind of editors are linear video editors, where you work with the actual frames and video data itself. I use Virtualdub mainly (well, pretty much exclusively) because it's made for this kind of thing. Splicing videos together frame-perfect, duplicating/removing frames, applying corrective curves to the video itself, basically editing/fixing a single video stream instead of turning clips into a presentation.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Adobe Premiere, dropped Vegas for it. Vegas is still good, however.

Also I enjoy Final Cut on my Mac, but that's a laptop so it's not amazing for video editing by any means. If there was a Windows version of Final Cut I'd use that over anything else.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I use Vegas. I like it better plus I'm more used to it.

You can do some really nice stuff in After Effects though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most of what I do is little more than encoding with the odd bit of restoration thrown in but for that and if I do have to get my hands dirty with actual editing then avisynth is my chosen editor. Granted it is all text based but it allows for some incredible control over what you are doing.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use Vegas Pro 10.0. I tried Adobe once and it confused. Iused to use Pinnacle Studio to combine movie parts from youtube but it isnt flexible enough these days.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping old thread but anyway:
I use Movie Maker if I'm just in a quick rush to edit something, Vegas if I've got time to spare to edit Youtube vids. @Rydian mentioned Virtualdub, I never really considered using it for editing, I only use that to join AVI files (Sure there are automatic ways now, but I'm good using my old method.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.