What is wrong with my dsm encoder

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by azotyp, Nov 26, 2007.

Nov 26, 2007
  1. azotyp
    OP

    Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1,175
    Location:
    Poland
    Country:
    Poland
    I installed K-Lite Full codec pack, ffdshow and net framework (tried every possibility)
    but when i want to convert movie into dsm format with dsmenc (included with dsm player)
    it prompt me an error:
    "Audio stream was not able to be acquired
    Please try another method"
    Can someone say what I need to do to make this work ?
     
  2. nuyashaki

    Newcomer nuyashaki Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Country:
    United States
    1. Does the file contain any sound what-so-ever? If it doesnt, it wont work. You get a similar result with BatchDPG.
    2. Is your audio hardware working properly? If its disabled you cant convert files.
    3. Do you have a really big card? You'll need it. DSMs compression is around -1000% efficient. Very large file sizes. Thats with just 10 fps.
    4. When in doubt, screw with stuff. Mess with any option that relate to sound.
     
  3. azotyp
    OP

    Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1,175
    Location:
    Poland
    Country:
    Poland
    1 file have sound
    2 audio hardware work fine
    3 i have 4 gb card and soon will have acekard rpg with it [​IMG] ( just wanted to convert short anime episodes)
    4 There is no options in dpgenc program it is so simple that you only drag and drop (im to lazy to check lot of options , plus my batchdpg work fine (so i will just not use that other format (i just wanted experimently use it on my new 4 gb card [​IMG] ).

    It seems, that that kind of strange error ocures in latest version of dpgenc that i downloaded, i tried one earlier version (i had it on harddrive) and all worked fine on it. (with conversion).
     

Share This Page