ROM Hack What is Valid and Invalid on Random Wifi - Pokemon B/W

iL0VECO0KiEs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: Same items are not allowed. Just in case anyone was wondering why they couldn't get into the Wi-Fi room.

Edit: I hope the new Pokesav has an extremely useful feature that will automatically make a pokemon legit.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to quickly get a pokemon up and ready for battle: check off the "egg hatched" box and change the "level met" to 1. set the ball to a poke ball and change the IVs to whatever you want. don't change the PID. this has worked for me 100% of the time. this way you use egg moves, tutor moves, etc with no problem. i didn;t think i needed to say it, but yes, nature too. moves, whatever. anything learnable is fine

does this work on pokemon that can't be hatched? like the bird trio etc etc

saikkussu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iL0VECO0KiEs said:
I hope the new Pokesav has an extremely useful feature that will automatically make a pokemon legit.

That- or put in idiot lights/legal restrictions like pokegen does when you input the information- but make the restrictions exactly like the nintendo wifi hack detection. It would make leading a life of pokemon easier.

jice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LTK said:
jice said:
Being that the more competitive-oriented berries (salac, petaya, liechi, custap, ect.) are currently illegal from random-wifi for not being currently available in-game by any means -afaik-...does anyone have any idea as to when and how said berries would be made available legitimately?

my guess is that they won't be
Ever? I mean,...I know that it is possible to manifest them within the game via pokesav. Why would they NEVER be made available?
unsure.gif

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I follow the directions on the topic posted,What is Valid and Invalid on Random Wifi - Pokemon B/W.
I still can get pokemon to battle on random battle. Every time, I enter in random battle, I get kick off.
Here is my pokemon file.Ffaziob's pkm
Sorry about this! I new at this stuff.
Thanks

jamop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of how you "make" them there still not going to be legit. This pokesav crap is a shame. Every time I think they might make it where you have to catch and train and deserve what you have, you people find some way of ruining and down right molesting every inch of the games. It takes months to legitimately catch certain shinies. You people poof it right to you in a second with absolutely all the fun and excitement sucked out. It's like buying a book or watching a movie and skipping straight to the end to see what happens. But I honestly don't care what you do by yourself. Some of you are obviously younger and I understand that. Values and earning what you have isn't part of your culture yet. But keep it off the wifi and let the people who actually earn what the have play like the deserve to. I say all of this because I hate battling and finding myself completely helpless to a blastoise with every maxed out stat and hearing "wooo I pwned you because i'm so good, even though I have no principles and didn't use any skill of my own."

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamop said:
Regardless of how you "make" them there still not going to be legit. This pokesav crap is a shame. Every time I think they might make it where you have to catch and train and deserve what you have, you people find some way of ruining and down right molesting every inch of the games. It takes months to legitimately catch certain shinies. You people poof it right to you in a second with absolutely all the fun and excitement sucked out. It's like buying a book or watching a movie and skipping straight to the end to see what happens. But I honestly don't care what you do by yourself. Some of you are obviously younger and I understand that. Values and earning what you have isn't part of your culture yet. But keep it off the wifi and let the people who actually earn what the have play like the deserve to. I say all of this because I hate battling and finding myself completely helpless to a blastoise with every maxed out stat and hearing "wooo I pwned you because i'm so good, even though I have no principles and didn't use any skill of my own."

you act like "raising" a pokemon takes some kind of skill. or breeding a pokemon. or most anything else involved in this game. or that a poke that is made is byte for byte any different than one caught in-game. all it is is brute force over time. there's no real work, it's just mindless repetition for possibly months. if you want to waste your time, go ahead. i won't.

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
jamop said:

you act like "raising" a pokemon takes some kind of skill. or breeding a pokemon. or most anything else involved in this game. or that a poke that is made is byte for byte any different than one caught in-game. all it is is brute force over time. there's no real work, it's just mindless repetition for possibly months. if you want to waste your time, go ahead. i won't.
I need help. I follow the directions in this topic, but I can seem to get my pokemon to battle on wifi. I already posted my pokemon file, which is on the six page. My screen name is faziob. Please response! I need help on solving my problem. Can u take a look at my pokemon file?

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
http://pokemon.thundaga.com/new.pkm

they're all kinda screwed up. you need to rename all of them. go to the name rater in hiun and do that. also, change all of their met data to what's in this pkm. lv 1, pokeball, met location, etc.
I did change the data in all my 6 pokemon using the newpkm file,but I still get kick off. I got them nicknamed by the name rater. I'm going post my save file later on. I put the pokemon that I going to use for battle in my party.

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
http://pokemon.thundaga.com/new.pkm

they're all kinda screwed up. you need to rename all of them. go to the name rater in hiun and do that. also, change all of their met data to what's in this pkm. lv 1, pokeball, met location, etc.
Faziob's sav file
I used an action replay code to catch these. There be something wrong with trainer name because change to a different, and then change it back. I think these might be problems. Can u test them? This is the reason i going to post my save file. I did changes like you did on the newpkm file, but I still get kick out.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamop said:

I once defeated a Kyogre with 3vs and 255 evs in every stat, using a Bellossom I hatched myself. I don't even know what its ivs are.
Better trainer won that one.
So yeah, the methods used here get the same results your "hard work", only faster. I have things like work and school to keep me busy enough, mucking about with pixels may seem like a big accomplishment to you, but....just, no.

This is a strategy game, not real life. i could spend months getting a team ready, or a couple hours. same result, but a hell of a lot less wasted time.

And helpless against blastoise??!!
1285103187948.jpg

faziob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DxEggman said:
Okay fixing my trainer name via trash bytes did work (copied the trash bytes from white version to black).
Fresh caught pokes WORK ON RANDOM BATTLE.
The ones i have dont work still, have to fix their nicknames
"pokeshifted" pokes work, as long as the region part says "hoenn" or "sinnoh" Some of them are blank, my snorlax for example is banned, wigglytuff can go.
So thanks, I solved my own problem with a hunch pulled out of my ass super genius!

Spider, Bond, Django, I got some clues based off the stuff you said/asked. Thanks for pointing me the right way.
How do I fix my trainer name using pokesav or pokegen? Can you give the directions? I think this the reason I am not to do random battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fellow EST resident here, it's noon for me too