What is up with Akaio settings being lost after soft-reset?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by firespike8, Jul 9, 2010.

1. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    I don't quite understand why this happens [​IMG] I've already reformatted my card with windows and when that didn't work I used the panasonic sd formatter. Still no change to it. As far as I know there's one other user with the same problem as I but I forget his name. If anyone knows what causes this or has any idea of a possible solution then please share it [​IMG]

Cya, firespike8.

2. tk_saturn

tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 26, 2010
  3. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    Um am I missing something? I use a mac and a pc? Are you talking about creating a boot disk with gparted on it? Thanks for the suggestion
    [​IMG]

4. tk_saturn

Jan 26, 2010
    Yes, you download the ISO and burn it to a CD or write to flash drive. You then boot from it.

5. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    Ok so when I boot from it do I resize my micro sd to it's max or something?

6. tomrev

tomrev GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    You don't need to format partition. Just resize partition to fill mysterious space that create by any Windows formatters as I mentioned in -> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=231...15&start=15.

7. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    O.k. Thank you I'll try that asap. I hope it works [​IMG] I guess it is the 4gb cards like you said as my card is indeed 4gb large.

8. Smiths

Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

Feb 24, 2003
    United States
    The land of Dairy Queen
    and what's the deal with airline peanuts?

9. tk_saturn

Jan 26, 2010
    Probably the same deal with people who always feel they need to log on as an anonymous user [​IMG] I'm guessing it's slow in #Acekard....

edit: You can tell I don't watch Seinfield.

10. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    lol.

11. firespike8
    OP

firespike8 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2009
    Canada
    THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] IT WORKED!!!! Booted up Gparted resized 4m.b. of mysterious space on each side and now it works great! Hopefully it keeps working but so far so good [​IMG]

Thanks tk_saturn for pointing me in the right direction and thanks tomrev for telling me what I needed to do (I didn't have to format thanks to you)[​IMG] I'm very grateful as that was the only crappy thing about my acekard2i. I thought it was bugged or something(that was a scare). Anyways thanks again. Peace guys [​IMG]

[​IMG] PROBLEM RESOLVED [​IMG]