Gaming what is this "new" firmware I keep hearing people talk about

popopola

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got my xbox modded by this dude and I emailed him about getting my xbox updated to 1.61 this weekend.

He says that there is a new firmware coming out soon? what is he talking about? a new IX? why?

I'm not banned yet surprisingly... so should I just get updated to 1.61 or should I wait for this new firmware whatever it is?

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well does it cost money for you to have the guy update the firmware to 1.61? if not have him do it just for the sake of wave 4 games and not having to use the activate iso.

the new firmware he is speaking of is called lite touch, its currently in progress of being made and will be most likely made for all drives, but will come out for lite on drives first, may take some time before it is actually released.

lite touch basically does everything that ixtreme does, only better and apparently undetectable and indistinguishable between the actual M$ firmware and the CF

aZnXrAvEr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkcrudus said:
well does it cost money for you to have the guy update the firmware to 1.61? if not have him do it just for the sake of wave 4 games and not having to use the activate iso.

the new firmware he is speaking of is called lite touch, its currently in progress of being made and will be most likely made for all drives, but will come out for lite on drives first, may take some time before it is actually released.

lite touch basically does everything that ixtreme does, only better and apparently undetectable and indistinguishable between the actual M$ firmware and the CF

Um, it does not do everything that regular ixtreme does. Lite Touch will only have what is needed to play back-up games. There will be no security checks to make sure your discs are okay to use... read below for more info:

"c4eva has announced that he is working on new firmware for all drives that will be called iXtreme LT (Lite Touch). This firmware will have minimal patching, only what is required to allow backup discs to boot. There will be little (if any) security checks done on the discs by the firmware, meaning that running your backup images through abgx360 and ensuring that they are properly patched and verified will become even more important than it already has been. The idea behind this firmware is to remove as many differences between stock and hacked firmware as possible. Lite-On and Hitachi 1.61 have been canceled and will be replaced by iXtreme LT instead. There is no ETA on the new iXtreme LT firmware so don't ask, we only know that it is in the works. We will update the site as more info is known."
From: http://www.360mods.net/index.php?name=News...cle&sid=130

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been offline for months now. I'm waiting for the new fw to come out before I get back online (don't know if I'm flagged or not, but I'm hoping this is something they've done recently)

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah apparently they are testing the new software and so far they have been successful based on what I have been told and that consoles are not getting banned, though god knows if Microsoft will just find a work around to ban people again 6 months from now.

wewt 1k!

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have patched serval games from wave4 tot wave3 because i am on ixtreme 1.51.

The question is will these patched games work with the new Ixtreme LT ???

Because if not i must re-burn them without the patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey