Hacking What is this "Fire Link" cartridge?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oXa2qgr.jpg

i found this at a junk store though i haven't bought it yet, so i was wondering what this actually is? i'm assuming it can be used for gba homebrew?

thanks again for the help!

D

Deleted User

http://www.dsfirelink.com/

Main Features

1.Original Size: Insert into DS Slot without any stick out.

2.Boot from DS slot 1 directly: Do NOT need any passme/flashme.

3.Built-in memory design: Included 1GBit (128-Mbyte), 4GBit (512-Mbyte), 8GBit (1Gbyte) NAND flash memory inside. It's the same as USB Disk flash memory, so it's very fast.

4.Clear ROM support directly: Do not need any patch, totally support clear ROM, faultlessly support the games in the feature. Game compatibility up to 100%

5.Multi-games Support: A pretty touch menu to select the game. The game can be added or deleted freely, it's very easy to change new game or keep the favorable.

6.Easy to use, Plug'n Play: With the DSLinker Writer, DSLinker will like a U-Disk, the only thing you need to do is copy the game into the U-Disk, insert into DS/DSL and play.

7.No software required:No software required, just Drag'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oXa2qgr.jpg

i found this at a junk store though i haven't bought it yet, so i was wondering what this actually is? i'm assuming it can be used for gba homebrew?

thanks again for the help!
It's a flashcart. I think it's one of those that need a special writer so if you don't have that, you're SOL.

Main Features

3.Built-in memory design: Included 1GBit (128-Mbyte), 4GBit (512-Mbyte), 8GBit (1Gbyte) NAND flash memory inside. It's the same as USB Disk flash memory, so it's very fast.

4.Clear ROM support directly: Do not need any patch, totally support clear ROM, faultlessly support the games in the feature. Game compatibility up to 100%

5.Multi-games Support: A pretty touch menu to select the game. The game can be added or deleted freely, it's very easy to change new game or keep the favorable.

6.Easy to use, Plug'n Play: With the DSLinker Writer, DSLinker will like a U-Disk, the only thing you need to do is copy the game into the U-Disk, insert into DS/DSL and play.

7.No software required:No software required, just Drag'n Drop file from PC to flash memory card.
That's for the Slot-1 cart though ;)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

Main Features

You just listed the first Google result without even bothering didn't you? That's for a DS flashcart.

Reactions: Deleted User

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's technically not a GBA cart at all. It's also useless without the corresponding Slot-1 card.

Back in the day when an R4 and a 1GB microSD would set you back $40 or so, you could get these things with 1GB of memory built right in for five or ten bucks less. Basically, the GBA cart slot is a writing tool for the Slot-1 cart, which was too slim to fit a mini-USB port. Pop both carts in, boot to the DS cart's home menu, and plug into the GBA-slot writer to write to the slot-1 cart like any other USB Mass Storage device. Convoluted, but neat in its own way. And of course if you weren't writing, the GBA cart didn't have to be in the system at all.

I bought a similar card (the N-Card) about a decade ago when DealExtreme first started selling them, although I had to do some tinkering to get its writer to work - it came with a cart designed to replace the DS Lite's dust cover, and I only had a fat DS at the time. Save battery died after about a year, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: